Southampton/Sussex Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
T

TimB

Wayne,

If I'm not busy moving house I'd love to come along for my first experience of a BCUK meetup.
Can I let you know near the time?

Cheers
Tim

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
TimB said:
Wayne,

If I'm not busy moving house I'd love to come along for my first experience of a BCUK meetup.
Can I let you know near the time?

Cheers
Tim

Hi Tim.

Moving house is always stressful. You going to need some time in the woods.

let me know nearer the time will be fine.

Im off to those woods now

Boxy

May 9, 2005
Abingdon
Sounds like an ideal opportunity to test some new gear, count me in.

(Guess that means Marts potential transport logisitics problem is sorted :D )

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Boxy said:
Sounds like an ideal opportunity to test some new gear, count me in.

(Guess that means Marts potential transport logisitics problem is sorted :D )

Ahh!! my trusty steed!!

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wayne said:
Maver. i want your job you must be earning a mint. Your never in the UK.

Shame you can't make it though.

Although If everyone enjoys themselves no reason why it couldn't become a reasonably regular event.

True too true, im never in the UK, been doing it the same job for 17 years now and love every minute of it, i look at the travel as a bonus, i've been to countries working that i would probably never have visited if it wasn't for the job, i know one thing im going to have one heck of a happy retirement.

The Joker said:
Maver, you've gota sort out this work thing, your missing out on all the fun

Have a sicky

Pete (that used to be clipper..........Im going through the change) .

I thought about that Pete, but can't, gotta $2m dollar contract pending on the outcome of that weeks meetings, and guess what, the time away is going to get worse - promotion in the wings to Director i was told a few weeks ago :) :) :) :) :) :)

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
Hi Wayne

I hope to come along if i may. My wife may tag along as well.

I will either meet up with the joker and travel down with him or tab in from Arundel train station if you can give me a grid ref and its within 10 miles from Arundel station.

risby

Forager
Jun 21, 2005
dorset, uk
Wayne said:
Hi

So far we have coming:

Adi Fiddler and his wife.
Stickie
Bushwacker Bob.
bambodoggy
Marts
Boxy
TimB ????
Blankfisherman
Andyn
JonPicket
The Joker
Rob & Mel
Stovie
Pumbaa
Steve K
Platypus
Yewtreelover

and me, don't forget me ...

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Platypus said:
Sounds like it's going to be quite a gathering, I'm really looking forward to it.
Only one thing worries me though, with this many hoping to come whats the parking situation like?

The parking is causing me a few headaches at the minute i am going to speak to the landowner this week when i can pin him down. I am hoping to have it sorted by the end of is week.

The cunning plan so far is for most people to arrive Friday evening or saturday morning.

I am hoping that you happy campers will help clear some of the woodland scrub to make a more suitable camping area than the area we will use. bring suitable gloves and tools.

I did a site survey at the weekend and have discovered 2 Ash trees that need to be felled.

Another thing to speak with the landowner about. i shall get a tree surgeon in before the meet. this should help provide plenty of chopping blocks and some fire wood.

The track leading to the wood is a bit damp so good boots need to be worn.

I am hoping to have a decent sized bender constructed with a stove in time for the meet.

If anyone can think of something i have forgotten to mention

Shout Out Now

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Wayne , not exactly a bushcraft implement , but do you want me to bring my petrol strimmer ? Not knowing quite what you want doing , i dont know if it will be needed . Your call , its on offer if you think it may be of use .
Pumbaa

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Hi Wayne.........As we are all on easy speaking terms here, could we not car share so that there is less parking to find................Jon

Emma

Forager
Nov 29, 2004
Hampshire/Sussex
Hi guys,
Whereabouts is it Wayne? Me and my sister (PurpleHeath) are thinking of coming if we're very good about revision over the holidays. Be nice to get out a bit before exams kick in...

Emma.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE