Southampton/Sussex Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
Phil562 said:
If Petes going, you'll need a big one :lmao:

Only sorry I can't make it, already booked that weekend, have a good un.

Will hopefully meet any future meets

Phil.....................what are you saying, you know Im a Slimline Tonic man lol :lmao:

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Any one already posted is more than welcome.:You_Rock_

I have yet to resolve the parking but that will be sorted.:)
The nearest train station is Arundel. I will be happy to pick anyone up from the station and ferry them to the site.

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
Guys,

My lovely wife informed me last night that she's away that weekend Skiing somewhere in France so I've got to stay home and look after my dog...can't bring him along as he's not friendly with other animals and would happily try to kill any other dog there and as much wildlife as he can get his paws on! lol

I might be ok to get down there for the day on the Saturday and if I do I'll bring my forestry gear and would be happy to fell the two ash trees for you and cut you a heap of chopping blocks, plus any other tree work I can do while I'm down there.

Wayne, can I let you know in a few days if I can make the Saturday or are you limiting it to only those staying overnight? Let me know mate.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

T

TimB

Looks like my house move will be mid jan, so the 7th and 8th are clear!
Looking forward to meeting up with everyone, learning some new stuff and having a few beers!

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
Guys,

My lovely wife informed me last night that she's away that weekend Skiing somewhere in France so I've got to stay home and look after my dog...can't bring him along as he's not friendly with other animals and would happily try to kill any other dog there and as much wildlife as he can get his paws on! lol

I might be ok to get down there for the day on the Saturday and if I do I'll bring my forestry gear and would be happy to fell the two ash trees for you and cut you a heap of chopping blocks, plus any other tree work I can do while I'm down there.

Wayne, can I let you know in a few days if I can make the Saturday or are you limiting it to only those staying overnight? Let me know mate.

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Shame you cant make the whole weekend. I will be very grateful for the tree work.:You_Rock_

Have permission from landowner for tree work.

Now need car parking sorted have meeting on tuesday

2blackcat

Nomad
Nov 30, 2004
bromley
I'm with Bam on this one

Is it ok to pop down for the one day?
Not sure if I can do the whole weekend - end of year, lack of leave kind of situation

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
2blackcat said:
I'm with Bam on this one

Is it ok to pop down for the one day?
Not sure if I can do the whole weekend - end of year, lack of leave kind of situation

You will be most welcome to come down.

After my meeting with the land owner on Tusday. i will post details of how to get there.

Once again thanks for the interest.

Are there any non carnivores amongst you for the BBQ on Saturday night?

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi all.

the amended list.

Adi Fiddler and his wife.
Stickie
Bushwacker Bob.
bambodoggy arriving Saturday to fell trees. :)
Marts
Boxy
TimB
Blankfisherman
Andyn
JonPicket
The Joker
Rob & Mel
Stovie
Pumbaa
Steve K
Platypus
Yewtreelover
Risby.
Batfink
2BC for Saturday.

Emma and Purple Heath are you coming?

Sadly due to the sheep being in the area I normally use for parking we will have to park along the road. This shouldn't be a problem there is enough space.

Pumbaa. The petrol strimmer might be any idea.

Friday night arrival about 7pm.

My mobile number is 07771450184

Map of the wood and area

Please bring your own food and beer. I will have a large brew box for tea and coffee etc. Saturday evening will be group BBQ food suppiled by myself.

There should be plenty of time to practise craft type skills.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Sounds great Wanye.

Where abouts on that map should we be parking? Below the "t" of Binsted? or near the bridlepath above Church farm?

This will be the perfect opportunity to retry the fire-by-friction skills I picked up last weekend :D

Look forward to meeting some new faces and catching up again with some old ones.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
The parking will be along the B yellow road. Between A27 and Church Farm. Usual parking is at church farm but sheep are going to be there for another 4 weeks.

If coming from the west along the A27 you need to turn right by the first PH on map there is no right turn further along the A27.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Hi Wayne any chance i can pop along sat /sat night, ill need to escape the building work i have going on :rolleyes: , Perhaps i could bring some bunnies ect if anyone wants to have a game dressing demo? Oh and they taste pukka with BBQ sauce lol ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE