Southampton/Sussex Meet up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Wayne, I might pop down on the Sat afternoon for a couple of hours if that would be Ok, unfortunately i cannot make it on the Friday as i shall be in Germany working, would be great to see some of the guys there, trust that would be ok, if so can you mail me directions.

Thanks

Mark

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
maver said:
Wayne, I might pop down on the Sat afternoon for a couple of hours if that would be Ok, unfortunately i cannot make it on the Friday as i shall be in Germany working, would be great to see some of the guys there, trust that would be ok, if so can you mail me directions.

Thanks

Mark

Don't worry about the directions, i have them now, hope to see you all on Saturday, would love to stay overnight but have team obligations early on Sunday.

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
What time can we arrive on site on the friday ?
Got an appointment on friday morning , but was going to leave about lunchtime-ish
Pumbaa

Sorry I can't give you firm Yes/No at the moment Wayne, but work has been really hectic since coming back and I may have to work over the weekend.

I am still going to do my best to come over at some point during the meet-up, but won't know much more until Friday.

Are you giving out more detailed info on how to find you or a mobile number ?(it looks quite a large area :D )

Cheers
Platypus

Just realised you already did give out your mobile number :eek:

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
Just done a weather check for Arundel on the BBC 5 day weather forcast and they are reckoning on sleet !!!!
Pumbaa

Adi

Nomad
Dec 29, 2004
The charts have really down graded from last weekend. I cant see it getting much colder than it is now, there is a chance of snow for both Friday and Saturdays but this will turn to rain Saturday evening and continue through out Sunday.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Adi Fiddler said:
The charts have really down graded from last weekend. I cant see it getting much colder than it is now, there is a chance of snow for both Friday and Saturdays but this will turn to rain Saturday evening and continue through out Sunday.

I was hoping for snow, much nicer than rain.

i have just completed fixing my delica so i have wheels. :)

Since it has taken me longer than i expected i havent done as much prep as i would have liked for the weekend. Advanced apologies for that.

I shall complete some chores and get down to the wood for 12.

Everyone is welcome from then onwards.

Wayne

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
Me and Boxy will be down bright and early on saturday morning - apparently the taxi has to work today :rolleyes:

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
Looks like i'll be the first person to say a big thank you for an excellent weekend down at "wayne's place" :D

Its a lovely wood that with a bit of care and hard work, which it certainly seems to be getting, is going to be an excellent place for Wayne's courses.

Was great to meet you all and put some faces to names and to meet up with some of you again.

A big thank you to Wayne for hosting and to Richard for all the cooking on Saturday.

Look forward to coming back in March and meeting you again Wayne and your instructing staff and seeing the changes to your teaching area.

Thanks again and good luck with the woods.

Andy

P.S a few photos from the weekend:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69923095@N00/sets/1791158/

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Huge thanks to you Wayne for an excellent meet...................Jon

dsc01353large8wf.jpg

Most of us who turned up.

dsc01351large2sl.jpg

The camp.

dsc01350large0qr.jpg

Chatting round the first ash tree that came down.

dsc01355large6fr.jpg

I said to BamboDoggy (who was doing the cutting), see if you can get the tree to land on the stump of the first tree to come down. Look where it landed.........

Nice to meet all you peeps and thanks again...............Jon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE