South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
What about the Cwm Llwch site on 9-11 May (the only weekend I have free that month)?

I'll be Saturday to Sunday as usual but it would be great to see you all there and get a walk in this time.

Richard

Booked not problem, another in March would be good as well :)

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Excellent, I'll write it on the wife's calendar in permanent.

Can't come out to play in March Rik, what with going to play in Cairgorms the week after next. You'll be going googoo too. They are nigh on impossible to put down at first IIRC.

I'm really interested to hear how it all goes, send us some pics please.

I look forward to seeing you all there.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I spent a lot of time in Cwm Gwdi Camp and the surrounding area, whilst I was in the army. Also.... training on Pen y Fan for a certain course. ;)

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Hi Guys

Good to see you all again at the weekend. Had fun even though I felt like sh*t.

I'm up for the May meet - back to my old stomping grounds in the Beacons.

Rik - March may be a bit tight as I'm away at Yellow Wood (Hereford) with the grandson over Easter, but I'll keep an eye out for the dates.

ATB

Stewart

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I spent a lot of time in Cwm Gwdi Camp and the surrounding area, whilst I was in the army. Also.... training on Pen y Fan for a certain course. ;)

It was the 'camp' comment I was alluding to.

That's where I spentmany a painful hour sweating up and down hills in a former life too, but for different reasons.

It's a lovely place fellas, I'm looking forward to going there again.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Just had a word with Sharon and she's happy with that weekend, it'll probably be the last one for a while as she's due in July. So Myself, Sharon plus bump, Jed Jnr, Jack & Alfie will be there for that weekend, should be good practice as i'm going on the 'Vildmark' course in June. You taking the tribe Rich? Jed wants to see 'Uncle John' again as well!

Oh yes, and for the benifit of Rik, Luke, John, Rich and anyone else of a delicate disposition, Jack has been told to be on his best behaviour this time so no need for wide angled lenses!:eek:

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Sorry guys I won't be able to make this one, I forgot it was the wife's birthday :togo: ! She wasn't happy to hear I would be away for the w/end so rather than being castrated in my sleep I told her I would cancel.:rolleyes:
I'll hopefully see you all again another time.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Better start drumming up interest in this meet as it's only a few weeks away now. So, Friday 9th May to Sunday 11th May, Dougsters Brecon site (details earlier in the thread) i'll start the ball rolling,

Jedadiah, Sharon, Jed Jnr, Jack & Alfie

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
:D - I had to ask - I've been wondering when (and whether) to offer up a Midlands Meet to give some rest and respite for those travelling long distances to the Outdoors show next year; which will/should be during March.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
If you've not been before, the camp area looks like this

(click images)

:)

There will be some wood, but I would suggest a backup to an open fire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE