South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
It'll be good to see you Rich. My clan are doing the same, Sharon, Jed, Jack and Alfie (i hope that will not be awkward). Make sure you've got space in the car for the stuff i'm bringing you!:D

Hope to have a butchers at your 'Dougster / Stu Mitchell Concept'. A couple of months too late, but better late than never.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Remember to bring your tradable goods with you, including "Frog skins" if you have nowt else - I will have with me a van load of trade goods.....I am particularly interested in antler, leather, knifemaking bits, Saamiknife blades, hides (deer, goat etc), Vulcan rucksack size 2, and other interesting things!
I will have to trade - pouches, knives (inc a good leatherman Charge) and if folk want to see them (I wont bother otherwise ) a couple of Fjallraven and other make jackets (need MEGA swaps on some of these) and other clothing to fit XL chest 38ish waist...
Only used enough to review them....just cant warehouse everything.....

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
Clan may now be backing out at the thought of all that time in the car Jed. Don't worry about bringing the dogs, I'll have them to fuss over.

Ever the kit fiend John.

How;s your daughter getting on Richard? Crikey, gramps, and at your age fella.:D

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
She is doing well, the baby is due 4th February, we get back on the 3rd:eek: If I'm not there tomorrow you can guess why;)

She's having the baby at our local cottage hospital, its a small maternity unit, Nurse led, and they are a very friendly and professional team, I'm glad she picked it instead of the big unit a few miles away.

Ian will not be onsite the weekend, but his mate Ted is there, he's in a caravan.

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
My wife started off in a cottage hospital and was lucky to get back there after the caesarean. Lovely place, almost couldn't get her home. All the best, as I said, if lying in runs in the family, she;ll be late.:tapedshut

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
I went for the afternoon with the family. Sadly, I have no idea what he's been doing, but the owner has made a hell of a mess of the site and all were in agreement.

My two kids, my wife and I were covered in mud and it's going to take ageas to get it out of everything.

I'd like to propose a w/e in may time up at that site outside Brecon I've been too, trees for hammocks and fires permitted. It's just a little breezy in the winter. It is beautiful waking up and looking at Pen-y-Fan in the morning. It's £2 per person per night.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
How did the w/end go guys? I hope you all had a good one!;)

A good meet Greg, but it was brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cold Friday, Ted the nice chap looking after things for Ian, had the gas bottle outside his caravan freeze Friday night. He said he woke at 3 in the morning and it was zero degree's inside. Down at the site, there was high humidity with no wind

This shot of my Golite was taken about 21.00

DSCF2749Small.jpg

For the first time in the Hex 3 we had a little condensation (until it iced), some dripped on my lads hair and it froze. Here is the tent in the morning

DSCF2750Small.jpg

much warmer on Saturday night though

We all had a heck of a job lighting fires the first night, better Saturday night. My knee gave me real jip all weekend but it was worth it:)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I'd like to propose a w/e in may time up at that site outside Brecon I've been too, trees for hammocks and fires permitted. It's just a little breezy in the winter. It is beautiful waking up and looking at Pen-y-Fan in the morning. It's £2 per person per night.

Wherabouts is this site you goto then Dougster? Sounds pretty good.

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
i like the idea of another welshy meet soon! i was most annoyed that i couldnt make this one. looking forward to some more pics. glad you guys had a good one albeit a chilly one!:D

Dan

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
The wuusy so and sos who came on the meet werre all in tents - except yours truely who had the joys of hammocking at at least minus 3!
Frost on your hammock in the morning while you are warm in your sl bag shows the quality of your kit!
Dont ask what sl bag it is - it is an old, no longer made Ajungilak!
Great time but very cold and VERY muddy!

Dougster

Oct 13, 2005
What about the Cwm Llwch site on 9-11 May (the only weekend I have free that month)?

I'll be Saturday to Sunday as usual but it would be great to see you all there and get a walk in this time.

Richard

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE