South Wales Meet 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
:confused: what's the story there then ??

Chavs camped opoosite us
Chavs naughtly
Chavs smashed up bottles and made big mess, then tried to leave it all about
Bushy types gave ticking off
Chavs said 'What you gonna do about it'
Jedediah told em;)
Chavs got grumpy
I took photo of chavs number plate
Chav hit me (attempting to take phone)
I made LOOOOOONG statement
Chav got arrested - apparently.

Satisfying, but bruised slightly.

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
Well its good to know that yet another chav has followed in the steps of his forefathers by seeing the world from behind bars.
Anyway on a more positive note id like to thank every one that came to brecon for once again providing superb company and late night chitchat around the camp fire to rival the edinburgh comedy festival .
And as john has already said the new army surplus in wern garage is stupidly cheap , the journey home was all the better when "nutbush city limits" by Celene Dion came on the radio (only jokin Mark ) See you all soon
cheers, Rolly

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
Chavs camped opoosite us
Chavs naughtly
Chavs smashed up bottles and made big mess, then tried to leave it all about
Bushy types gave ticking off
Chavs said 'What you gonna do about it'
Jedediah told em;)
Chavs got grumpy
I took photo of chavs number plate
Chav hit me (attempting to take phone)
I made LOOOOOONG statement
Chav got arrested - apparently.

Satisfying, but bruised slightly.
:Wow: you sure know how to throw a party.. hope the damage heals quickly

I'm very much looking forward to the next one.:naughty:

I'll be wearing the pink shirt John.
First a leather-fest, and now pink shirts ??? :eek:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Just got to that, taking into account the 'Great Brecon Chav Stand-off', The clan and i had a fantastic time. Great company, great location (Natures light show on Friday was awesome), good laugh (including Celine Dion) and meeting some brilliant people as well as the guy's who i already knew all came together for a very memorable weekend.

Sorry that Rich got a little bruised but i have a feeling that those little scrotes will not be so inconsiderate or willfully negligent again for a long time. Looking forward to the next time, many thanks fella's, you made it for us. :)

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Having read about your weekend on another thread I would just like to say a genuine hats off to you all for standing up to these young people who were quite clearly in the wrong. Many people just seem to look the other way these days when kids are misbehaving and then bitch about it afterwards, giving some excuse as to why they didnt get involved. I dont agree with much of the 'fear and loathing' of young people that gets banded around these days by papers like the Daily Mail - I have done some work with my local youth probation service and found that most kids who have got into trouble do so because there isnt much for young people to do and their parents take no interest in them or what they are doing. However I do think that young people need to be given boundaries that are enforced with some kind of discpline - these kids probably have parents that are just the same, if not worse - and are probably used to getting their own way at home and elsewhere. It is a bit sad that the only way that they have been able to learn is through an incident in which someone got attacked and from which they have come away from with a criminal record - but whenever they go back to that spot they will remember the confrontation that they had with you and may well behave differently. I hope to be able to meet some of you in the future and shake you by the hand :You_Rock_

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Rich, sorry I missed the altercation at the end, hope the damage isn't too bad.

Great to see you all again, and as usual great company.

I had an relaxing but uneventfull afternoon canoeing round Llangorse - other than having to release a pike that had got itself caught by a kid that was so exited to have caught a fish but was too scared to actually touch it. Little bugger bit me too - the fish not the kid.

How are people fixed for another one in late June early July. Poss at Yellow Wood (http://www.bushcraftadventures.com/) or at the site near Glyn Neath that Rich was talking about.

ATB

Stewart

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
great idea , sadly no can do as ill be in the himalayas from june 26th to july 15th , anytime after would be a pleasure , take care .
rolly.

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
Hey Dougster! Count me in for any future meets. Sounds like I missed all the fun with this one ;) I've been pretty much caught up with work the last few weeks though, completely missed the fact that it was on the weekend :( Well done for taking a stand!

dr jones

Feb 21, 2007
west wales
ill see you all after mid july , if theres nothing organised maybe ill try and put something together for a weekend somewhere in tiefi valley area ,if anyone is interested say so and ill start asking some land owners ( no chavs teens this time i promise ).let me know so i can find somewhere with parking.
cheers. rolly.

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Looks like I missed out on all the fun:rolleyes: ! Chav slapping use to be a favourite pass time of mine:bandit: !!!
I must say I had a great time in Turkey though, I even took archery lessons. I could shoot the bottom off a fly at 20 feet:D !
Anyway I hope to meet up again with you guys soon. I should be available for the 21st June.

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
Rolly

I'll be up for a trip to the wild west, post some dates when your ready.

Don't get too many punctures in the hills - hope you have a great time

Stewart

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
Are oyu looking at Yellow Wood on the 21st or Glyn Neath? There's no dog's allowed at Yellow Wood so, as Sharon is full of arm's and leg's, i may have to leave Jack and Alfie with her and bring Jed Jnr out to play!

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
How about we have a look at this site in Glyn Neath. We can then compare all the sites currently available in S Wales, and maybe tailor future meets to utilise the resources of each site.

Stewart

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I love this place:

BlaenNeddIsaf.jpg

He used to charge very little, I haven't been for years. SN 911 144. I've put a bicylce tag on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE