South Wales Meet 2008

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I have been called in to work Friday & Saturday night shifts so yet again I won't be able to attend this w/end.
Sorry Red Kite I know you went out of the way to get that squirrel.
If you cook it, fry it in a bit of olive oil with jack by the hedge or ramsons (crush the plant to make sure the juices run into the oil), its gorgeous much better than rabbit IMHO! Just make sure you wash all the loose hair off the meat, its a bit trickier to skin than a rabbit.
Have a good one guys, maybe sometime this year I might just make it to one of the meets!

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I wish it was that mate, although you know me better than that. I like to play in all weathers come rain or shine!:D But I just can't turn down £600 in O/T!!!!!!!!!!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Mmmm - squirrel was good!
Thanks to all for finding the site and making it a fun weekend - "It looks like it is getting brighter"!

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
"It looks like it is getting brighter"!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! :27: It'll hear you ! :umbrella:

I'll echo what they said :) - ignoring the rain, It was a great little spot - good company for the weekend, and met a couple of new faces, as well as the OLD ones (Hi Stewart! :D )

First go at skinning something (them squirrels is hard work!) and eating squirrel :)

The sun came out on Sunday as we were packing up to give us a glimpse of the sites potential - definately one to go back to.

Cheers all for a great weekend, not forgetting Dougster for suggesting the location, even if He couldn't make it :You_Rock_

edit: The camera stayed mainly under cover because of the rain - I'll try to get some pictures up later :)

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
The communal shelter - Thanks to John Fenna for bringing the 'chute - It made the weather just about bearable :You_Rock_
brecon&

The typical view from under the edge of the chute :umbrella:
129_2906.jpg

The fireplace - cooking rack by John Fenna :) (expect to see them in makers sales shortly ;))
129_2905.jpg

My little 'home' with some extra shelter from a Decathlon tarp ;)
129_2912.jpg

The view from the other end of the field - Is that bacon I can see cooking in the distance ? :D
129_2913.jpg

we had a look at a couple of caves on the Saturday, while the river bed was still dry:
128_2898.jpg

128_2897_r1.jpg

before the river levels picked up - (this had been a dry river bed on Friday :eek:
129_2916.jpg

th-th-th-th-that's all folks !!!!

(sorry, but i can't peel a squirrel and take photos at the same time :rolleyes: )

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Not as good as 2 days overtime though eh greg? eh? eh?:D
I am stil having probs with photobucket but will post my photos ASAP.
Seasoned wood cooking racks in hazel or ash, or even a combination of the two woods are now available for £300.00 each, each comes with a signed photo of the maker.:rolleyes:

Red Kite

Nomad
Oct 2, 2006
London UK
I'm pretty well booked up until after the moot.

I'm visiting the North Wales group (who are all from the midlands and Manchester) next weekend. All are welcome, if anyone fancies it details are in the N Wales thread. They have access to an excellant piece of woodland near Llangollen.

John F/ Mark O - I am now the proud owner of a We No Nah Prospector 15, so if you fancy a paddle let me know. I'd also like to pick your brains on fitting her out for white water next time we meet up.

See you all soon.

Stewart

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am booked up until sept so I will be looking for things around then...
I look forward to seeing the Prospector in action (gizza go, mister?) and I am looking at perhaps organising a SMALL canoe/bushy thing in Pembs sometime.
John

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE