Solar Spark

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pele's Fire

Feb 5, 2006
Hawaii
I have done the bottom of soda can, the aluminum will polish up really nicely to a mirror finish but you have to use a metal polish like MAAS or something. It took about 10 minutes of polishing for me worked in the sun in about 20 seconds.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Try cigarette ashs with a little spit or water to make a paste. Ashes from the fire should work also.

See - smoking isn't bad for your health! Only your wallet - I gave up 10 years ago and I've just seen the cost of 20 Marlborough reds: £5.85!!! How does anyone afford it? Seems an expensive way to shine up the end of a coke can, anyway, Brasso's cheaper and you can drink any that's left. :D

Asa Samuel

Native
May 6, 2009
St Austell.
It's easy, I just follow a few rules:

Only smoke roll-ups (a lot nicer and less expensive, you can really stretch out the tobacco if you want to)
Always share a cigarette with SWMBO
Never have more than one a day (it's more a way to relax at the end of the day than trying to get a hit every five minutes)

I'll keep a hold of the ash tonight and try and polish the can up :D

jimford

Settler
Mar 19, 2009
Hertfordshire
May be worth trying horsetail for polishing IIRC they have silica in them and were once used for cleaning saucepans. I believe marsh samphire (glasswort) also has silica in.

Jim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE