*SNOW*Winter is coming*SNOW*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Fire & Snow.
Right here, right now, it's sunny, raining, snowing and hailstones, yeah and all at the same time, great. If you like weather you cant beat NE Scotland, well you probably can, but as far as weather goes, we do get a lot. Sort of a warm jacket, umbrella and a factor 10 lotion and shades moment really, unpredictable, definitely, but as we say around here , "if you don't like the weather , hang around 10 minuets".

Last edited:

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Fire & Snow.
Right here, right now, it's sunny, raining, snowing and hailstones, yeah and all at the same time, great. If you like weather you cant beat NE Scotland, well you probably can, but as far as weather goes, we do get a lot. Sort of a warm jacket, umbrella and a factor 10 lotion and shades moment really, unpredictable, definitely, but as we say around here , "if you don't like the weather , hang around 10 minuets".

My feet wouldn't take more than eight minuets; and who'll do the music? :)

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Now..........

attachment.php

:cool:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 131

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Just a year ago November 27, we got a very quiet 36-40" snow in one "dump." I could see no reason to struggle so I waited it out while anybody and everybody with any machinery
which could be used as a plow got out there and did the best they could.

The best plow? A bathtub roped to the front of a forklift!

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
0800 this morning

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 106

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
….every time I try to organise a meet up at Wiston, it snows :rolleyes:
Tinto in the snow is baltic !
Richard next door came over, he said that the work's van just in from Glasgow was all white on the front. It looks like it's pretty widespread :D
Jamie's just back from Hong Kong, flew in late last night….to see this today :D

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Should we start crying you Lucky White Heather M? (or the Snow Witch) :D

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
You realise that it's likely only the Scots who will get that allusion ? :D

Last time Colin and Tam camped out up there it was -12C :rolleyes: Peter went up the afternoon beforehand for a recce and reported back; the rest of us cried off after that. Rachel and Si stay there and I had phoned them to ask how it looked. Rachel said they were following the snowplough tractor and going to her Mum's! Peter's call nailed it.

I think we must have just got the edge of the fall here, but the Borders look as though they're having a hard time. Floods and now frozen too :sigh:

Stay safe folks :)
M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Will admit that Lucky White Heather was my nickname for a long time. :eek:

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Nothing really heavy my area of borders(East coast) had a appointment at the Border general hospital this morn, in Melrose from my home in Coldingham, nothing on the coast(me) and only very light dusting inland. temp hovered around 1/2 degree's.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Don't know about the rest of the country but it's been chunking it down here since about 3pm. Laying on the ground and building up. :D House is blinking freezing though.

Jun 13, 2010
North Wales
I'm just dreading the cold mornings messing with my creaky diesel Vectra. I have a glow plug out of commission I think? Makes the work and school run difficult. We've had rain mainly here in Gwynedd. Until yesterday morning (A nasty freeze after some rain!), we've had one frosty start in a month and 'warm' air temperatures.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I am really, really hoping that it doesn't snow here tonight.
The workmen are half way through re-doing the roadway on our street, and if it snows they won't finish it tomorrow :sigh: I have to take Son2 for a hospital check up at just after nine, which won't be a fun drive at the rush hour anyway, and my next door neighbour's funeral is early on Friday morning.

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hope Son2's checkup goes well M. And that the funeral goes smoothly. Hope all the snow falls on me rather than you. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE