*SNOW*Winter is coming*SNOW*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Thank you :)
It froze hard last night, but so far no snow, so I'm quietly hopeful everything will be done in a timely fashion.

It's perishing here ? you must be in a Winter wonderland if that snow has hung around :)

M

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
I just got caught in a total white out, i seen the forecast and thought i'd beat it and nip out on my bike for some supplies, chained the bike up outside Asda and the snow was floating flakes and melting before touchdown, came out the shop 20 minutes and my bike had 3 inches of snow piled on every horizontal surface, glad to be back in now as wind has picked up to 40mph coming from the north, looks great from out my 18th floor window

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
Pretty from up 'ere

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 20160114_083005.jpg
    20160114_083005.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 122
  • 20160114_083014.jpg
    20160114_083014.jpg
    15.7 KB · Views: 121

bopdude

Feb 19, 2013
Stockton on Tees
Oh nice and white, scratch my statement about to wet blah blah, flakes 2" across and heavy...........................and settling :yikes::christmas1: off topic, how come your not coming :camping: with the NE group ?

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'll get out with them at some point, i am more of a solo adventurererer

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It's not fair, just rain here, there was a bit of slush but it's really just rain, on the hills there's a dusting of snow but that doesn't help me :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It's not fair, just rain here, there was a bit of slush but it's really just rain, on the hills there's a dusting of snow but that doesn't help me :D

Hail shower here just now ... I had planned to be in the woods last night but life got in the way...
Now the plan is to be out Fri - Sat night and "Wintery Showers" and electrical storms are forecast!:)

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Dazzling bright sunshine :D

Still really cold though, but driving apart (which is a right royal pain in the glare) it's a beautiful day :D

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thank you :)
It froze hard last night, but so far no snow, so I'm quietly hopeful everything will be done in a timely fashion.

It's perishing here ? you must be in a Winter wonderland if that snow has hung around :)

M
It's beautiful this morning M. I love the blanket of diamonds and the way it changes the landscape as the sun moves across the sky. Gives a whole new perspective to the landscape. I live to visit old sites in the snow as though it covers the land it also accentuates things. I had a quick visit to an old hillfort this morning that guarded the northern entrance to Gleneagles (the glen not the hotel). There are a few standing stones punctuating the surrounding landscape and they stand out like dark guardians in the pristine white undulating landscape. All the trees are laden with fluffy snow performing a balancing act atop the branches and everything glitters as you cast your eyes about. Reckon it's between four and five inches in most places though I guess it'll compact over the day with the heat of the brilliant sunshine. I love days like this.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm heading to the Cairngorms on Monday for a week, hoping to take the pulk and some luxuries but they don't have much snow yet

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I have a Winter wonderland outside :D

It froze hard last night, and has never thawed, then an hour ago it started to snow :D
It's beautiful and the skies look heavy with the promise of more too :hatscarf:

There's a trio of folks who planned to go up Tinto today :yikes:
That's our local highest hill, it's on the Lanarkshire moorland/uplands. It's cold up there anyway, and it already had snow.

Stay safe :D

M

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Its not gotten above freezing here the last few days and the snow is still lying thick. We have some celebrations and re-enactment of the whole village being burned (bar one house) by the Jacobites coming up soon. Unfortunately if Tue weather is bad they wont be doing it outdoors so there'll be no.muskets going off. :( The local church doesn't go for letting off muskets in their hall for some reason.
Still I had a cracking walk this morning tracking all sorts of fur & feathered things through the woods by their tracks. Was glad I put my big boots on though as it was deep in places.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

dewi

May 26, 2015
Cheshire
We've had about half an inch in the past hour or so here... looks amazing. Thankfully all the shopping is done, my wife has just nipped to the local chemists in the village and we can lock up for the night... the lot of us wrapped up in blankets on the couch.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE