*SNOW*Winter is coming*SNOW*

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Just got a light dusting here. hopefully the temps will stay low and all that orrible rain will become glorious snow :cool:

Harvestman, yep you are the weird on mate, no doubt about it :D

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Hmm, looks like I had better restore my street cred and share this pic of The Big Lebowski on a winter camp a couple of years ago. Temps hit -9C and it snowed. Was a great camp. No wind though

6837382693_fd8b03794c_b.jpg
[/url]Al and a tarp by Michael Kilner, on Flickr[/IMG]

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Hmm, looks like I had better restore my street cred and share this pic of The Big Lebowski on a winter camp a couple of years ago. Temps hit -9C and it snowed. Was a great camp. No wind though

6837382693_fd8b03794c_b.jpg
[/url]Al and a tarp by Michael Kilner, on Flickr[/IMG]

Street cred restored Sir.

Hope you have a good camp tonight and stay toast & safe. We'll be needing pictures & a report mind.

Sent via smoke-signal from a woodland in Scotland.

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Had a wee bit here last night

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 181
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 179

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Any more trees down?

Not in my Big Woods - though there is a lot of small branch and twig fall... The land owner is going to drop the trees around our camp are that are causing concern - one is only standing due to the fact it is leaning on another one!
I am just going up to my Small Woods now....braving the hail/sleet/rain now the winds have dropped a bit...

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I just got back from my stroll - only one small tree has come down since my last visit... a medium sized Sycamore - right across the entrance track....
While I was out it rained, hailed and sleeted .. the only white stuff sticking for more than a few minutes was the hail ... everything is sopping wet!
This morning I took apart the big table in my Big Woods so the bloke with the chainsaw can drop 2 trees that also form the table supports, this afternoon it was taking apart the table in my small woods that had been crushed by windfall timber...
Ah well - projects for the next visits....

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I think we'll start calling you The Postman; neither hail, nor sleet, nor snow shall keep you from your task. Glad there's not been too much damage. Just think on it as nature providing easy future firewood.
I nipped up to touch snow earlier, didn't get right to the top but did have a pretty nice sandwich when I stopped. Tiger bread, roasted pepper humous, smoked ham & cranberry sauce. Almost got me in the festive spirit.
Hope the clear up goes well in your woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE