Show your homemade stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
SITH.jpg

Chuffed to bits with this and tried not to shed too many tears posting it. Resorted to a dignified lip quiver instead... then sobbed into my pillow later in bed. :eek:

Well I will be posting this (sheath not the knife) Today to Finland in the SITH

SITH1.jpg

SITH2.jpg

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
Thanks for all the positive comments folks. There is a lot of fine work in this thread. :beerchug:

Biker, IIRC, the wood on the cracked egg is sassafras. Glad you like it. :beerchug:

Jan 26, 2008
Portland, Oregon USA
Well, here's my latest project. I bought the wool blanket for under $3 at the Goodwill Bins.. I think you call those "charity shops" in the UK. Made a nice coat for the woods:

2wqshtj.jpg

And another one I made from a wool blanket:

axnr75.jpg

TREETOP

Forager
Mar 29, 2010
Here wishing i was out there
Hi, Here's a couple of things i've done one finished and the stove is still being finished.

Ball in a cage whittled from pine
photo0033dy.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Stove being made from an old 4.5kg gas bottle still working on this.
photo02209378649.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo0223z.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo0226g.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
photo0225f.th.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Cheers

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
heres some bits i made in my effort to become self employed, making jewellry bowes, walking sicks and various bits of turnery
johnandlisaswedding007.jpg

some leather work
bookcover001.jpg

billhook002.jpg

hope its worked this time......

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
Been forging few things and ill be making more for few days yet but heres one that i remembered to shoot with camera before batteries went out..

vehe0.jpg

It started its life as off road cars leaf spring....

vehe1.jpg

And it takes pretty much bashing to forge it,and its even 8mm thick in the beginning.

vehe2.jpg

But heres how it ended up.Thickness varies on purpose,the handle is about 3mm thick,the next part that has whittling bevels,is 4 mm,and rest of it is 6mm to get more mass on the front for better chopping.Its hardened in saltwater and oil and twice annealed to get inner stress relieved from the blade.

Still have to do the handles and sheath.

Waldganger

Forager
Aug 13, 2009
Esperance, WA
well I say that and all I've ever managed (so far) is two half finished belt grinder jobs.

In a few years we are moving to a new area and I plan on setting up a forge there if I don't make one sooner. Until then I have to work on getting some work commissioned (ML Knives)

redandshane

Native
Oct 20, 2007
Batheaston
Been forging few things and ill be making more for few days yet but heres one that i remembered to shoot with camera before batteries went out..

vehe0.jpg

It started its life as off road cars leaf spring....

vehe1.jpg

And it takes pretty much bashing to forge it,and its even 8mm thick in the beginning.

vehe2.jpg

But heres how it ended up.Thickness varies on purpose,the handle is about 3mm thick,the next part that has whittling bevels,is 4 mm,and rest of it is 6mm to get more mass on the front for better chopping.Its hardened in saltwater and oil and twice annealed to get inner stress relieved from the blade.

Still have to do the handles and sheath.

That is rather nice I like it a lot Great work

Biker

Hiya,
It's been a while since this thread got an airing so here goes my latest project.

A friend's son-in law goes hunting and uses the cracking of a whip to control his dogs as well as flush out the wild boar and other assorted animals he's hunting that day. He bought a leather braided whip but it really needed a handle fitted to give it some leverage for that good cracking noise. Enter stage left Biker.

I had an off cut of some Walnut after I did a fireplace surround some weeks ago, so I shaped that down with drawknife, then spokeshaves and finally fine glass paper. Cut and glued on the leather loop handle to the end and then did some whipping in order to hold it into place using khaki paracord.
Those man-knitters might recognise the knot. Would you believe it's called "French whipping"?

Oh the irony! A Whip for a French hunter and I use that sort of knotwork on it. Truth is stranger than fiction.

Two coats of linseed oil and a plugged hole hanging loop at the end and job done. He was well pleased. So am I.

Whip.jpg

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
i'm really liking that 'Voyageurs kitchen', i think i might have a go at making one of them.

cheers

stuart

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
i like that kitchen too very nice :) however the ones i've seen have a tripod one end and a bi pod the other. Have you ever seen any like that G?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE