Show your homemade stuff

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

PRKL

Nomad
Jan 27, 2010
Finland
thats really nice,looks like factory made, and im saying this with good intention.
Oh well maybe someday ill be mastering leather crafts like you.

i dont know how its there,over seas,but here getting leather and good brass hardware is annoying,as everything has to be ordered different shops,which raises costs a lot due to various parcels coming form various sellers.Here aint not even one walk-in-leather shop around.

unsponsored

Settler
Apr 6, 2009
North East England
Down filled hammock underquilt/blanket - nylon and pertex
pbpic4388242.jpg

Hammock sock
pbpic4457935.jpg

Synthetic filled hammock underquilt/blanket
p4pb4656054.jpg

Down filled, full pertex UQ
pbpic4603094.jpg

and the latest one, full pertex microlight down filled UQ
p4pb4734659.jpg

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
the latest thing would be my enzo trapper sheath

DSC00377.jpg

this is a celtic knife i forged a few weeks ago
DSC00309.jpg

DSC00306.jpg

small prototype antler necker i wipped up around xmas
DSC00195.jpg

birdeye maple necker
HMknife001.jpg

mini knife forged from a masonry nail
homemadeblades002.jpg

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
mini knife forged from a masonry nail
homemadeblades002.jpg

Oh, now that's just showing off! :lmao:

Somewhere abouts I have a knife I made from a paperclip with sheath and sharpening stone pouch. However I dropped it on the carpet and I've lost it! :D I'd love to show it but ... :dunno: ... maybe it fell into a wormhole, things often do that in this house.

That Celtic knife is drop-dead gorgeous!!! goodjob

Unsponsered: That hammock underquilt looks really toasty. I have an off cut of silverfoil roof insulation which I hope to test out soon. A neighbour gave it to me and I already use a piece of it as an insulated cushion to sit on while out and about. I'm hoping for good things with this too.

PRKL. I know what you mean having to source all the different things for leatherwork from different outlets. A real pain in the ar$e it is too. I hammer ebay for most of my bits and over-order so I have some spares for later projects.

This has been my latest project. It's an "Lucky dip" type swaparound over at British Blades forum. Basically a few people all decided to make sheaths to fit a Mora #1 knife. Then we are randomly matched with someone and we send our work to them and receive someone eles work. This sheath has gone to Arizona in the US of A. Mine is coming from Croatia. 10 of us took part and I hope to kick off something like this lucky dip scheme over at this forum sometime soon.

I just don't know quite with what just yet. :confused:

SITH.jpg

The sheath is 5mm veg tanned leather, wet formed (my first ever) glued and brass rivetted so as not to affect the superdooper, true north compensated :)D) MickyMouse compass set into the point of the sheath.
1.5m of paracord wrapped through the sheath and another 3m man-knitted to form the belt loop, or a harness to loop over your shoulder. Hence the S ring in the sheath at the end of the paracord.
Not content with that I carved some tribal patterning into the sheath. Dyed the whole thing with walnut wood stain then rubbed black boot polish into it. Quite pleased with the aged result it gave.

Chuffed to bits with this and tried not to shed too many tears posting it. Resorted to a dignified lip quiver instead... then sobbed into my pillow later in bed. :eek:

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
A couple caricatures:

Lester
lester8b.jpg

A wee farmer:

farmer10b.jpg

A digging stick:

diggingstick1c.jpg

ramp2c.jpg

A totem:

totem3b.jpg

A butternut bowl:

octagon_bowl9b.jpg

A cup:

cup2d.jpg

Monkey fists:

monkey_fist1c.jpg

A couple spoons:

mojo_spoon1c.jpg

chinesespoon2b.jpg

A couple whimseys:

egg_w_yolk1c.jpg

ball_in_2cages4c.jpg

A couple knives:

bird_and_trout1b.jpg

snubnose1b.jpg

tytek

Forager
Dec 25, 2009
Leeds
Finally, here is some modified kit. My 'Tactical Action' leg from when I ruptured my Achilles tendon last April. Note the pain relief and emergency computer repair tool at the top of the first pic:

IMG_4454a.jpg

IMG_4451a.jpg

I've got one of these!!!
I's not the articulated one like yours though.
Mines for my broken heel that I did during my motorbike accident.

I'm at the 'fed up to the back teeth' stage you must have gone through to have done this!!!

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
do you take orders perhaps?

Sorry. Maybe someday when I retire from my day job I'll think about selling carvings but for now, I keep 'em or give them to close friends. I'm a slow carver anyway and if I sold them for what they are worth, I'd get about a nickel per hour wages. :D

Peat

Forager
Aug 29, 2008
West country
Your work is always an inspiration hoodoo. I especially like the cup. Graceful lines and looks very practical. I think I may have to copy that handle shape.

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
Oks finally after several in project redesigns and reworks (due to me thinkin i knew how to do it :rolleyes: and what materials where avalible in reality :eek:)
made this today

Kydexpress.jpg

which ment i coulf make a neck carry for my Spyderco as a first try at plastic

kydexSpynecker.jpg

I like that.goodjob

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
Oh, now that's just showing off! :lmao:

Somewhere abouts I have a knife I made from a paperclip with sheath and sharpening stone pouch. However I dropped it on the carpet and I've lost it! :D I'd love to show it but ... :dunno: ... maybe it fell into a wormhole, things often do that in this house.

That Celtic knife is drop-dead gorgeous!!! goodjob

cheers mate :D,

bloody good job on that mora sheath, i wish i had the skill to make more elaborate things like that, nice one.

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
cheers mate :D,

bloody good job on that mora sheath, i wish i had the skill to make more elaborate things like that, nice one.

It's just a case of biting the bullet and making a start. I had a go at making my first sheath in the early 80's before the Internet was invented so it was a case of looking at what was on the shelves in the shops and making it my own. I've only made about 10 sheaths and pouches in the years since then so far so I'm no expert, but I do enjoy having a play. However, nowadays you can find all sorts of tutorials online that will walk you through the steps to achieve a particular result. Browse the leatherwork tutorials at the British Blades forums for a start. Their knowledge and helpful advice is a gold mine

You're obviously clever with your hands so it's just a case of takng that plunge, so: "come on in the water's fine!" :lmao:

FGYT, You obviously intend making more of those sheaths based on the work you've put into the press. Nice work, very nice in fact. Can't help but wonder how that neck sheath will hang though, would it tend to swing down and the knife fall out? Or are there further addtions to it yet that you haven't shown?

Nice work.

Hoodoo those are pretty damned impressive! I'm speechless goodjob I love that egg shaped captive ball in Oak is really clever. I wouldn't have the patience for something like that or I'd end up putting a chisel through my palm. As for thenother captive ball, I think I'd prefer to read how to work a compass properly than undertake something that fiddly. I get crosseyed just looking at it.

FoxyRick. I bet that tactical leg brace got you some odd looks at the physiotherapy centre :lmao: I have to say I'm impressed with it though. goodjob

leaf man

Nomad
Feb 2, 2010
Blacker Hill
Some sweet items on here, all very inspiring and setting a high standard that we can all aspire to reach. Obviously many of us have the wrong day jobs!

FGYT, You obviously intend making more of those sheaths based on the work you've put into the press. Nice work, very nice in fact. Can't help but wonder how that neck sheath will hang though, would it tend to swing down and the knife fall out? Or are there further addtions to it yet that you haven't shown?

nope thats it it hangs knife down the kydex has molded to teh shape of the knife and locks it in it takes a fair bit of force to pull it out (probably could do with reducing a bit :rolleyes:) guys who do it properly have even less knife in the kydex

im not particularly planning on doing this type but i had a Spydy and its a small job as a first try :D less to cock up and waste
teh Cammo Kydex sheet is for my Tactical Bushy when i finish it and then we will see
as you can see i did get Hot pink as well so if Betty wants a neck carry lipstick sheath ;):D

ATB

Duncan

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE