Show us your cutting tool trios!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
The ditty bag and knife sheath can sit together in a similar way to Nessmuks like this:

imagejpg1_zps47c087fc.jpg

I should've mentioned as well that the knife is made by JoJo and has teak scales I believe- I recently received it in trade. The pocket knife is a Buffalo Rover damasus ranger knife and the axe is a Gransfors Bruks double bit worker. Hope you like it.

Let's see your blades- even if it's not a trio- just post up some shinies :D!

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lurvly stuff Cameron. Funny was just lighting the woodburner with my Hudson when I saw this. The kit all compliments each other nicely. Makes you want to go out and play doesn't it?

Great stuff,
GB.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Lurvly stuff Cameron. Funny was just lighting the woodburner with my Hudson when I saw this. The kit all compliments each other nicely. Makes you want to go out and play doesn't it?

Great stuff,
GB.

Cheers Colin! And yeah it just makes you think of times in the woods- and the Hudson Bay with the flint and steel is the most pleasurable way of lighting a fire. Not as tiring as the bow drill, much more satisfying than firesteel or matches (I've not taken matches out camping for about three years, same for a lighter). Lovely little bits of kit they are :).

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
looks good mate.

Aye it's a winner - really happy with the setup now :).

going to try and get a double bit hatchet rather than a full on axe. Having said that Nessmuk was a short round so maybe if he was bigger he'd of used a larger axe. Being in the canoe it doesn't matter - just to be more 'accurate' I guess.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nice Trio Cameron :)

Joel Delorme is an artist - thats a lovely knife.

I miss Joel's posts - one of life's gentlemen :(

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Brilliant cutting tool the Husqvarna. Used the 254 for most of my career and it did everything well. Lot of surgeons used a Still, found them too temperamental, now use a Husqvarna axe all the time.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Lovely stuff Wayland, I'd be prepared to carry the extra weight just to have those at hand. There isn't a piece there that's not lovely. Sorry for the aside, but I wonder what percentage of us seem to use keffiyeh/shemaghs as backdrops for kit shots. Seems to be coming almost ubiquitous.:D

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I wasn't having a go, I do it myself. Though my pictures aren't up to the beautiful standard of yours. It just came to mind as an addition to the thread on uses for a shemagh that's elsewhere.:eek:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE