Show us your cutting tool trios!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I'm interested in Nessmuks trio of cutting tools, but I don't have a double bit (as much as I want one!). So if you were to only take 3 cutting tools to the woods, what would they be? Photos please! :)

Here's mine:

image_zpsedd26427.jpg

Gransfors Bruks Small Forest Axe
Gary Mills Timberwolf
Laplander saw

Or

image_zps5afe7a7f.jpg

What's yours?

With Woodlore bow saw and A.Wright and sons woodlore clone for a canoe camp :)

Thanks for looking! :)

Last edited:

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
0A604F95-EB53-431E-9605-0377823F8C12-1211-000000D6FEA65351_zps373a110a.jpg

If I take a saw its a folding bucksaw.
The big knife is still waiting to be handled, at the moment it is cord wrapped.

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I've tried a few axes but the one I settled on is the Scandi Forrest axe, doesn't pack too well due to the length.
Im happy to saw then use the big Nessie to split(yes I baton ok) the small knife is stainless and sclicey so great for food prep.
I can do some stunning feather sticks with the Nessie as I can control it with two hands as well as delicate trimming/cutting

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Oh wow red! That axe is amazing!!! They're some stunning tools mate!

Here's what I'd take in the canoe:

image_zps5afe7a7f.jpg

Keep them coming lads! :)

Last edited:

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
No no no, it must stop! That nessmuk axe could be dangerous, you must send it to me immediately so I can make sure it is safe.....;) :p :lmao:

No honestly though it is the best axe I've ever seen! :)

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
No problems Sam - I need some more workshop bench tools for this place and have been toying with selleing of some pretties to pay for them - I'm not in a rush though

Right - back to other peoples tools!

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Now you got me to pick a trio.. from my sharps..... Hard.. would probably be

Mora Clipper
1 1/2 lb Axe
Silky Pocket Boy

DSC_0229.jpg

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Good stuff stu mate! Might have to get myself a silky saw, how do they compare to the laplander? :)

Keep them coming! :)

Big Stu 12

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 7, 2012
Ipswich
Against the Laplander you will always get the Laplander is better argument, I know that for me the Silky is far better as it seems to cut easier for me, and gives a better finish to the cut, yeah the blade is a bit thinner therefore maybe more open to bending.. saying that learn to saw with out rushing, how many do you see going like the clappers to saw a bit of wood... :), and that will give more control.. it feels better to hold then the Laplander.

In the end it is personal choice, in cold weather the silky is easier to use due to the big thumb lock, and the handle is rubber rather then plastic, and it has a all steel frame, the bolt and the blade and you have a TPI choice as well can be replaced with spares that are available..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE