Show us your cutting tool trios!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Just got a photo from Roger at Bison Bushcraft of my new handles... not as pretty as wood but still lovely and utterly dependable.

attachment.php

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Some beautiful tools in this thread.

More of quartet than a trio but its the only photo I have to hand.

madeaspoon_zps5e495048.jpg

Finally managed to take some photos
maybe not a trio each time but there ya go
For when i am boone styleing it
A take down axe courtesy of Biker Via Mesquite
An Albus cutler handled Svord Peasent
and a mora no 2 classic

20140409_140855.jpg
For Heavy duty work eg tree felling, winter fire wood or the i am having a bad day and i need to hit something with a large axe
GB Small forest axe,
Wilkinson sword Woodlore knife
Folding Bucksaw off of Ebay
Double bit axe aquired from a mate who bought it following a link posted by Woof on here
20140409_142641.jpg
when i wander with my kit
GB outdoor axe
Silky pocketboy
Mark Hill M.O.R.A
or Dougster yew and walnut stick tang (mainly winter as i find full tangs a little chilly to use)
20140409_142940.jpg

Then there is my edc pocket knives, my crook knives and my antique family heirloom woodwork tools from my grandad drawknives spoke shaves and such like, bought when he was an apprentice joiner before WW2. he still has his very first saw which is noticeably smaller than it should be from all the sharpening he has done over 70 yrs

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Then there is my edc pocket knives, my crook knives and my antique family heirloom woodwork tools from my grandad drawknives spoke shaves and such like, bought when he was an apprentice joiner before WW2. he still has his very first saw which is noticeably smaller than it should be from all the sharpening he has done over 70 yrs

That's lovely that, a great set of truly dependable tools! :)

Talking of pocket knives I'm going to review some I've been testing, a elk ridge jack knife ( Nessmuk style) , a Kellamfixed blade pocket knife and an A. Wright and sons sheeps foot pocket knife- all good knives, I've done all the tests- just need to write It up! :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
Does the Kellam have the flint striker in the handle?
and have you a link to the nessmuk style one?

Yes mate, that's the one!

Unfortunately not for the Nessmuk one, we were in the lakes and happened to go in the gn and knife shop we always visit and it was in the sale- no papers or box so I'm not sure on the model. It is similar to the Elk Ridge Gentleman's Knife though :).

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Funny enough just posted these up on BB

e5aby9u6.jpg

Lionsteel golok
Robevs big bush knife
Gerber gator

These three are straining at the leash ready to go go , fit bas&@£?s.

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
The sheath is a beast and a half ,graham sold the sheath and gave the golok for free lol. Was out this afternoon with the bushy building fires in Leigh woods making a brew looking at the bristol suspension bridge :)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
A bump for this with my Nessmuk inspired trio- much more like it! With the fly rod and half goat sporran (ditty bag) to complete the nessmuk theme. Not entirely accurate but it's close and I like it. Let's see yours!

imagejpg1_zps453d7025.jpg

imagejpg2_zps43e7812b.jpg

imagejpg3_zps7e771251.jpg

Keep them coming!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE