RSS Reader & Classified Site: Great Way to Get Your Kit!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I have found a terrific way to get a lead on the most inexpensive kit. I used to visit the well-known (at least in N. America) classified web site www.craigslist.org but found it difficult to navigate. First I had to locate the Toronto (I am in Canada) sub section, and then drill down into the small-font links to get to the 'For Sale' region and locate camping equipment that way.

But then I discovered recently that the 'For Sale' pages, in fact all of them, including 'Search Query' pages all have RSS feeds.

So... since I use Google Reader to gain access to the latest blog posts (I monitor nearly 100 and can't visit each one daily to see whether they have posted anything new, and of course Google Reader only shows the most updated items), I clicked on the RSS symbol (using Firefox) and all of a sudden in my 'camping/bushcraft' folder each day, I get only the latest 'camping' related classified ads within Toronto!

I saw one suddenly appear in my Reader page a couple of days ago - for 3 camping chairs (the ones without legs - brilliant for backpacking!!!) plus a nice sleeping bag - all for only $20. Someone had moved from a region of Canada better suited for them for camping, and so were almost giving these away. If I had to buy them, it would have cost me over $200 in total!

So: Acquaint yourselves with Google Reader, use Internet Explorer or Firefox, and enable Google Reader as your RSS reader (read the FAQs on Google Reader). And soon you will be finding cheap kit either for sale or for barter!

Which brings me to my request - please enable this site with RSS!!! :)

Cheers,

Mungo

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE