Polish Lavvu size 2 sale/swap

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Sep 19, 2023
England
Howdy, long time reader and first-time poster here, I have had my Polish Lavvu for a good few years, it has served me incredibly well through many seasons and lots of rain but unfortunately I'm thinking of selling it or swapping it on- I haven't been out with it once this year and part of that comes down to just how heavy it is. Where I usually find myself roving has many a tall hill and the thought of dragging that thing along with me is a bit daunting so I think it's time to downsize/rethink my gear. Looking to get myself a DD 3x3 as I like the idea of tarp camping and I'd probably combine it with something like the Snugpack Ionosphere, nothing concrete though, just ideas!
Currently away from home so unable to get some pictures, just wanted to know if anyone is interested or has any information on a place I could sell it to someone who would love it :) Would hate to see it end up in someones garage or on ebay for twice the price it ought to be, hate the idea of some newbie getting a rough deal.

Barney Rubble

Settler
Sep 16, 2013
Rochester, Kent
youtube.com
Welcome.
If it's a size 2 lavvu that's in good condition then you'd be selling yourself short by swapping it for a DD 3x3. The lavvu's are getting harder to come by nowadays and the prices have skyrocketed.

It'd be worth having a look at the classified pages on this forum or over on the Bushcraft Tradepost UK on Facebook to get a feel for how much they're selling for. I recall that military mart were selling the size 2's (when in stock) for approx £80.

Reactions: crosslandkelly
Sep 19, 2023
England
Welcome.
If it's a size 2 lavvu that's in good condition then you'd be selling yourself short by swapping it for a DD 3x3. The lavvu's are getting harder to come by nowadays and the prices have skyrocketed.

It'd be worth having a look at the classified pages on this forum or over on the Bushcraft Tradepost UK on Facebook to get a feel for how much they're selling for. I recall that military mart were selling the size 2's (when in stock) for approx £80.
Oh don't you worry, I didn't mean I'd happily sell it for just the 3x3, just thinking about what I would be changing it for once it has sold. I'm not as fit as I was a few years ago and the extra weight is a bit of a killer!

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Mod had on chaps.
Thread is treading a thin line. Only Full Members with paid membership can advertise items for sale, or post "Wants" that they are looking to buy something from members (not replying to an exisiting sale thread). We give some leeway when folk are asking where to buy things from stores or busineses, or are asking whether there is a market for an item they have, or what kind of value it might have. However, as soon as either they, or replying members start discussing what they will sell for, or offers of cash, that is when posts/threads start being deleted.
One reply here has been removed for this reason.

Best regards

Chris

MikeeMiracle

Aug 2, 2019
Northampton
I have been tempted to sell my size 3 for similar reasons but due to the fact they do not make them anymore the values just keep going up and up. The advice I got from the dedicated Facebook Lavvu groups was if you don't need the money then hang onto it.

Sure some places like Military Mart have produced their own reprodution version but from first hand experience of them as my friend bought a reproduction one, they quality and strength is not the same as the original. The value will only keep rising in my opinion.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE