Royal Mail or shoud I say Fail!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
i recieved my £30,ebay sewing machine from parcel farce,the item looked fine,signed,when opened it was smashed to pieces,clearly it was just the right shape so as to be confused with a rugger ball.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
RM have done me proud this year, I managed to get my mail orders in on time so wasn't waiting for the last post as usual.

Got a new parcel postie this year too and he's a good lad, he drops a lot of my parcels off with the old dear over the road.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
i recieved my £30,ebay sewing machine from parcel farce,the item looked fine,signed,when opened it was smashed to pieces,clearly it was just the right shape so as to be confused with a rugger ball.

Did the packaging appear to be adequate for sending a sewing machine through the post? In my experience parcel damage, particularly ebay parcel damage, is due to inadequate packaging by the sender more often than not.

Last edited:

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
For an internet rant I'm giving it 3/10.

If you think Royal Mail is bad, just carry on whinging about it till we all get myhermes instead...

joejoe

On a new journey
Jan 18, 2007
washington
The reason you receive your mail after 2 PM is because the rounds are now much bigger,plus in case you hadn't noticed, it's Christmas.
We've been rushed of our feet for weeks now,but finally all the mail centres are clear, that's why your mail was early today,don't we deserve to spend today with our families and friends?
yes you do ben there done it 12 hour shifs plus managment that do not have a clue . at team valley by any chance . merry xmas

joe.ford

Forager
Apr 8, 2004
Essex
Nothing but great service from Royal Mail. Order stuff and usually with me the next day, even on the cheapest postage type :)

Mum is very mean to our poor little post lady.

Every xmas she gives her a tin of Hero's to carry round on the rest of her round:lmao:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
I was pleasntly surprised when the mail actually ran yesterday. I didn't expect them to work on Christmas Eve.

Tristar777

Nomad
Mar 19, 2011
North Somerset UK
Well Ive had great service from Royal Mail all year and especially with the Christmas present deliveries. Any posties out there, Many thanks for your hard work. Merry Christmas.

v8mule

Tenderfoot
Oct 3, 2012
wigan
I really don't see the OP's problem. you paid extra for before 1pm delivery. You went out (ok miner emergency) before 1pm. postie try's to deliver before 1pm leaves a card which states "please wait 24hr before collecting". Now how's the postie to know you had to go out did you tell him no? Did you leave a note asking him leave you parcel with a neighbour? Does the postie wait till you get home? Does he rush straight back to the sorting office to leave you parcel incase you call in to collect it? If so what about all the rest of people on his/her route who are waiting for their post? Like others have said if that's your biggest worry I wish I were in your shoes! How many times have you had parcel delivered on time and without a problem? and never said thank you? I'm sure it's more the complaining about when they get it wrong! Now that's my rant over :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE