Pocket cooker Heads Up

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
I followed a link someone posted recently and wanted to give you all a heads up. Usual disclaimer: They're nothing to do with me just a satisfied etc. etc....

http://www.trekdirect.co.uk/acatalog/Pocket_Cooker.html

Trek Direct are selling the brilliant Pocket Cooker made by Amgazit in Israel. What's even better is that they're doing seconds of them for a tenner including postage and packing.

pocketstove.jpg

I first came across these some time ago when I saw one Rapidboy had. At the time they were coming from Cabella's in the US, but even they had gone out of stock and didn't know if they would ever get any more. The manufacturer was in Israel and there were major supply problems. I kind of gave up trying to get one.

And now they're back and delivered to your door for a tenner. If you live anywhere else in the world they'll ship one to you for under £15.

The seconds one I bought has absolutely nothing wrong with it. In fact it looks unused. The pouch it comes in is pristine - there really isn't anything wrong with it. It's a really elegant piece of design for a one piece folding woodburner.

In fact before I submit this thread i'm going to buy another one to put away :D

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, they're selling them on eBay too - that's where I got mine. At that price, you really can't argue. Mine had a slight bend in the fuel door hinge - easily bent out.

Neanderthal

Dec 2, 2004
Cheshire
Thanks for the heads up. I hope I need one as that has got to be the shortest time between seeing some thing and buying it. :D

Stu

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Yeah, they are pretty good. Folds down to about the size of a paperback book, cooks breakfast on a handful of kindling. Would be better if they were made of titanium (they weigh 650g), but then I probably couldn't afford one...

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
My first showed up in about 2 days. I ordered another the day I posted the thread though and i've just had the £10 charged to my card so I assume it's now inbound. I guess they might have got quite a few orders suddenly :rolleyes:

tommy the cat

Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
MIne arrived today after reminding them!
Got to say there is nothing wrong with it!! Well apart from the stuff sack is 1980's ski suit purple!!!!
Looking forward to firing her up!
Dave

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
eeek, I've just made a mess of things, I went to order one, I placed the order entering all my details then at the end where I clicked the link to visit the paypal site to pay, my internet timedout or something happened, so I thought no problem I'll just contact the site and let them know and manually send the money through paypal, wrote a message on the site's "Contact Us" page and then hit submit, I got a SMTP Authentication error, which means the site owner hasnt setup the contact-form correctly. :( Now im left with a item ordered but not payed for and no way of contacting the site :rolleyes: Anyone got anymore contact info for them?

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
info@trekdirect.co.uk.

Trek Direct office hours are 09.30-17.00, weekdays only.

Trek Direct is owned by Verdant Ltd. Faoilean, Strathaird, Broadford, Isle of Skye, IV49 9AU

Company Number: 3616689

Registered Address: The Forge, Main Road, Anlsow, Burton on Trent, Staffs. DE13 9QD

Tel 01471 820363

(From their website ;) :) )

Tantalus

May 10, 2004
Galashiels
Nice , thanks for posting this, mine arrived safe and sound in under a week.

Now if it would stop raining I might get out long enough to use it.

Tant

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
My two arrived OK and there's nowt wrong with them. I'm going to sell one this weekend at Chopwell for £20, so I'll end up getting mine for free. If they seem popular with the woodland crowd, I might buy a couple of dozen seconds. Nice little earner.

Eric

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE