Pocket Pot Hanger

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Something out of nothing.

I was carving another adjustable pot hanger (I like carving them), but slipped and cut off the beak off the notch i was carving.

So rather than bin it, i cut it down and made a pocket pot hanger, the 45deg piece is a bit of bamboo skewer in a hole made with the awl on the SAK, it's held in place with pine pitch, which shouldn't melt as the hanger will be shielded by the pot.

The reduction on the other end is just for decoration.

Waste not, want not.

53454440132_50ea048ef3_c.jpg

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Thank you @Kepis . Not only is it a smart piece of work, it is more the sort of pot hanger I am likely to use and gives me ideas.

pee ess - it is good to know that the best of the best can occasionally slip! Thanks for sharing.

Reactions: Kepis

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Nice work Mark, if you hadn't said it was a mistake no one would have been any the wiser ;) :lmao:

Have you tried carving a take down one that's held together with dovetails and a wedge? They're fun getting it all just right.

Reactions: Kepis

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Nice work Mark, if you hadn't said it was a mistake no one would have been any the wiser ;) :lmao:

Have you tried carving a take down one that's held together with dovetails and a wedge? They're fun getting it all just right.
Yup, made a few of those over the years, i still have this one in one of my pots somewhere, the wedge in the picture was a temporary one and replaced with a better fitting one.

53456016605_23b24fa5a3_c.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE