PLAGIARIST ALERT....here we go dready! help please everyone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...well it had to happen sooner or later lololol!....not only has this person stolen my image but theyve then copied my work, mass produced it and are selling it at the tat price it deserves....i've reported them to ebay and will be taking every legal action i can...i still have the original files on memory card i believe.....some of you have probably seen it before, maybe here on bcuk...so...if anyone knows who this person is, please let me know...it will be very much appreciated....dont say anything please to the seller (that means you grey you little pit bull! lol xxx) till ebay are on to it....

mine is lined, handstitched, glued, edgekoted etc etc....if you look at the extra pictures of the actual item they provide, namely the brown ones, youll see what level of skill this person has, very amateur indeed....they cant even machine-stitch in a straight line...lolol!...added to that i would imagine the sheaths are a safety hazard.

i've now got to trawl back to discover who it was who bought those two stained glass window sheaths of mine....and i'll find them...they may be 'innocent' but....

item number:

how on earth is this ************* a top rated seller with 98.6 feedback?????....have a look at the other items they sell....familiar lee? rem? leodis?....hes doing your sheaths for 15 quid lol...i dunno whether to love him or.....

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
From his profile on ebay,

"We design, manufacture import and exporter of all kinds of textile garments, LeatherCraft & electronics"

At those prices I'd doubt it's even real full grain leather but the reconstituted stuff :(

I hope you get it sorted out Angst. It's really hard to stop this kind of rip off though. It's almost endemic :(

atb,
Toddy

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
This is what I find one of the most rotten things there are, plagiarizing honest, quality craftsmanship, without the knowledge to even make a proper product and for the sole purpose to earn money of off other people's backs, and I'm not even talking about the initial craftsman, but to make profit a whole line of people are getting financially abused.

I'm with you mate if you need anything done.
Yours sincerely Ruud

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Good luck sorting this out mate. As someone who admires your leatherwork, I may one day be in the market for one of your sheaths, but a real one, not a fake, and at a realistic price for the quality of the work.

ammo

Settler
Sep 7, 2013
by the beach
Feel for you mate. Have you seen the discription. ''Rare piece you will struggle to find anywhere else". They have got some cheek.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
He's selling them here too. link removed not a patch on yours.

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Swallow

Native
May 27, 2011
London
There's this on Amazon as well.

Link removed

which looks a bit lucky-lee to my untrained eye.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's not on Angst,

That's bad form Sir and I hope you get it all sorted out. To steal the image and design as one's own is bad form and I hope that you'll be making sheathes from his plagiarizing hide in the very near future.

Good luck with it all,
GB.

didicoy

Mar 7, 2013
fens
It is happening all too often. People are paid to trawl through various sites and find ideas. Its nothing new. A friend I know ran her own business doing just the same thing. Copying designer clothes. She would buy an item, travel to Bali, get the items made up and then market them in the UK. Ebay, Amazon, Small companies, all tried to stop her. Legally ebay and amazon could only prevent her from advertizing. She just creates a new sellers profile name or franchises. The original owners of products spent hundreds of thousands trying to get justice. No one could touch her. She moved permanently to live in indonesia and continues to this day to copy others work. She has a great big house and servants. She doesn't even have to leave home now to find new products to copy, just goes online. Do please be careful, as one UK company tried to pursue her through the courts. They did just the same as you. Put her details on the internet and tried to discredit her business. Unfortunately, she implied that has the item had been either commissioned by her or her representatives & no copyright had been made on the time, she had any rights to the patent. The UK company went bankrupt and settled out of court. Thus buying this lass her big house in Bali. Sometimes you just gotta let it go and know that you were the first to make it and bring it to market. Trying to protect your work cost far more than we are initially told.

Last edited:

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
That's awful! You must have been in complete shock when you saw it!
Of all the things to plagiarise, I don't think I'd cross a man who makes axe sheaths for a living... the next one might be made out of my skin!

Your work does come up very quickly on google images. I was looking for ideas for leather axe masks and yours were some of the first I saw. (I've actually been trying to figure out who you are on here to ask your permission to *copy something! But I'm guessing now might not be a good time! :eek: )

*Don't worry - this is a bit of an exaggeration. I just wanted some advice on how you achieved a certain colour...

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
So I would guess you can only really have them for using your photos? Is that viable.
Talking law here rather than ethics of the thing which is a poor show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE