PLAGIARIST ALERT....here we go dready! help please everyone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
yo.....yup most of it and i've kept all other emails too.....spent most of last night reading up on law.....am thinking i'll go through the ipo....gonna pay a visit to cab first though...

a

ps......etsy picture now gone....and he seems to have deleted his twitter......pic still on fishpond though....lol!

i've also tracked the mum down on 192.com.....seems i have to register to discover more....happy to do so if its worth it....anyone used 192.com before?

Sonni... you're treading dangerous waters now.

STOP telling everyone what you're doing because if the guy by chance finds this thread he could put a complaint into the police against you for harassment etc especially as you're now looking up the address of his mother and you've mentioned paying a visit to him. If that happens then you could be in trouble yourself.

Just carry on building your case against him for copyright violation but be a sensible boy and keep schtum now.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
Sonni... you're treading dangerous waters now.

STOP telling everyone what you're doing because if the guy by chance finds this thread he could put a complaint into the police against you for harassment etc especially as you're now looking up the address of his mother and you've mentioned paying a visit to him. If that happens then you could be in trouble yourself.

Just carry on building your case against him for copyright violation but be a sensible boy and keep schtum now.

What he said.

Don't give him cause to counter-attack.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
yo.....yup most of it and i've kept all other emails too.....spent most of last night reading up on law.....am thinking i'll go through the ipo....gonna pay a visit to cab first though...

a

ps......etsy picture now gone....and he seems to have deleted his twitter......pic still on fishpond though....lol!

i've also tracked the mum down on 192.com.....seems i have to register to discover more....happy to do so if its worth it....anyone used 192.com before?

192.com will give you everything and more about the details of the cohabitants. My brother is registered to 192 if that's any help I can get him to get the details?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
MOD hat on.

Angst, we really, really sympathise, and we really hope you get this blighter stopped and there's no recurrance of the copycat sales.

However, I think you really need to tidy up some posts. Keep everything as non threatening and non physically confrontational as you can, especially on open forum.

Ahhhh.......if I start to edit the thread and take out all those 'too much' posts and bits of posts the thread would end up like a net curtain.

This other fellow is in the wrong, let's keep it that way :)
Taking umbrage and informing every site where he's selling the copies is one thing; finding out his Mum's address isn't on. That takes you into the realms of harassment and leaves you open to being more harassed yourself.

Tell you though, I bet the blighter thinks twice before trying this type of cretinous cheating again :)

Upfront, this thread needs to be edited.
I really would appreciate folks understanding when it is.

cheers,
Toddy

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
I suggest firstly you stop talking about it on here. Seek proper legal advice on where you stand and then if you have a civil case against the person and if you do then either have a rep or do the research you need. Only contact the person if you have proper cause to do so. And on the grounds of harassment as it's a criminal offence and your trying to go through a civil route do not contact the other party unless instructed by your legal rep or part of the proceedure. It's not harassment to use 192 or obtain addresses through the electoral role or even to make contact with the person but to contact the person with out knowing the law and or threatening him consecutively with legal proceedings would be grounds for distress and could end you up with a visit from the police.. So I suggest you be careful from now on matey..

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....i feel i'm being judged a bit unfairly but no prob i'll leave it here on bcuk...its gone as far as it needs to anyway this way....THANKYOU EVERYONE!...just one last thing...

i'm not harrassing his mother...the ebay account is in her name, my refund was in her name....added to that please see the screenshot below....it has her named as business owner and maker....see the small box.

shes just as guilty as ******* and i believe the address is her home and where he lives too.

so yup i'm feeling a bit upset about this now guys...but i understand youre trying to look out for me. i'm not a man who harrassess old ladies without a reason...my granny would never forgive me.

and why cant i knock on his door without everyone implying i'm being aggressive? 100 years ago there was no email, mobiles or efficient post...it was quite normal behaviour.

i've not revealed anything thats not easily accessible by anyone. i've not sworn at him or threatened anyone with anything apart from the justifiable....specifically image copyright infringement. i understand harrassment is a two-part thing. you have to be accused of harrassment by the harrassee....theyve not said anything in regards to my emails or anything else since the ''a simple message wouldve done''....i'm simply trying to get them to answer.

i could go on but....i'll think of my son instead.

s

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
so yup i'm feeling a bit upset about this now guys...but i understand youre trying to look out for me. i'm not a man who harrassess old ladies without a reason.

and why cant i knock on his door without everyone implying i'm being aggressive? 100 years ago there was no email, mobiles or efficient post...it was quite normal behaviour.

I'd like to think you're a guy who wouldn't harass old ladies even if you did have a reason Sonni.

As for turning up and knock on his door, look at it this way.

********* has had emails from you which clearly show that you're angry with what he's done, not only that, you've also said you'll do all you can to ruin him. Then one night you turn up on his doorstep and he's frightened by that and with what you might do so he calls the police... you're then carted off down the station to answer questions.

That is what is likely to happen if you do turn up because you can bet he's not going to be happy to see you and want to talk about it over a cup of tea and a rich tea biscuit.

Much better to just go down the legal route and as others have said hit him in his pocket.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
and i'd like to think old ladies dont steal my photography, steal my work and therefore steal from my son and wife....and infect bushcraft...unbalance the economy and sell unsafe sheaths to minors. i dont think age has anything to do with it....nazi hunters dont seem to think so.

i'll have a friend there with a camera recording if i do mesquite....and i wouldnt be unhappy if the police are involved. i've committed no crime nor would i be stupid enough to tell a forum if i was going to. i said i'd visit if i have to....meaning as a last resort to get answers if ebay etc didnt help.

really, i'm starting to feel like a criminal here....but as some of you know i've got other stuff going on a lot more serious than this so before anything bad happens i'll thank you all again....and try to leave it again.

s xxx

I'd like to think you're a guy who wouldn't harass old ladies even if you did have a reason Sonni.

As for turning up and knock on his door, look at it this way.

Hassan has had emails from you which clearly show that you're angry with what he's done, not only that, you've also said you'll do all you can to ruin him. Then one night you turn up on his doorstep and he's frightened by that and with what you might do so he calls the police... you're then carted off down the station to answer questions.

That is what is likely to happen if you do turn up because you can bet he's not going to be happy to see you and want to talk about it over a cup of tea and a rich tea biscuit.

Much better to just go down the legal route and as others have said hit him in his pocket.

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
.......and Stew's comment is spot on.

What ******** has done is wrong; I didn't know that he was using him Mum's account, etc., but since that then implicates her in his scam, I think I'd leave that to the police.

Direct to the front door confrontation is not considered a peaceful action nowadays. So, I think you're right to think of your own son and be there to teach him to be a better man than this woman has managed with her son.

Your own development of your skills, and the artistic and creative side of that, is very clearly recorded here, and I presume on other forums. That is considerable proof of your 'copyright', but I don't know if it's enough to claim copyright in the same way that artists, etc., can do so on stuff like music and clothing :dunno:
I hope you can find clear, sound advice on that and how to protect your images in the future.
If you need anything from us with the dates, etc., clearly laid out, please let either Mods or Admin know, and we'll do what we can to help.

The ease of information exchange, the image rich social media, of the present can sometimes be something of a two edged sword :sigh: Easy to see, hopefully advertise and raise sales, but easy to copy sometimes too :(

cheers,
Toddy

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
I think what has happened to you is terrible and the chap is scum for plagiarising your work.

However, I really think it would be in your best interest to have this thread deleted now. I know if I was threatened with a law suit then I would do my best to find out who my opponent is. By now I'm sure he has got tabs on you and he has found this thread. I did a quick google search for your company name and added leather and found this forum at the top of page 2. I'm sure he is well aware this thread exists now and probably keeping one step ahead. Anything he can find wil be counter productive to your cause. Maybe even to the point of building a case against you.

I know you have been wronged but hunting him down and openly posting your findings is going to do you more harm than good.

Jonbodthethird

Settler
Sep 5, 2013
Kettering/Stilton
Ok I have a mild knowledge copy write and it's subsections. If you can prove an intellectual right to say a photograph for example you could sell that photo to somebody and as you have the negative that person only has the right to own the copy of the photo and not to copy the picture. As your probably aware can not put a patent on the item but you can have a design patent. The problem is you would have to proof the person has seen your design and has fraudulently used your design. That about all I I know on this.

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi....yes....i have the original still stored on my camera card.

regards

s

Ok I have a mild knowledge copy write and it's subsections. If you can prove an intellectual right to say a photograph for example you could sell that photo to somebody and as you have the negative that person only has the right to own the copy of the photo and not to copy the picture. As your probably aware can not put a patent on the item but you can have a design patent. The problem is you would have to proof the person has seen your design and has fraudulently used your design. That about all I I know on this.

Settler
Aug 8, 2010
here
I think what has happened to you is terrible and the chap is scum for plagiarising your work.

However, I really think it would be in your best interest to have this thread deleted now. I know if I was threatened with a law suit then I would do my best to find out who my opponent is. By now I'm sure he has got tabs on you and he has found this thread. I did a quick google search for your company name and added leather and found this forum at the top of page 2. I'm sure he is well aware this thread exists now and probably keeping one step ahead. Anything he can find wil be counter productive to your cause. Maybe even to the point of building a case against you.

I know you have been wronged but hunting him down and openly posting your findings is going to do you more harm than good.

+ 1 to what Ecoman says.

yep.

these things have a habit of taking unexpected twists

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
''The situation has been resolved amicably and if any craftsman encounters a similar situation then they should be pro-active in pursuing a positive outcome''.

regards and thanks for your support everyone!

bts

ps....please do not post on this thread....it will now be locked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE