PLAGIARIST ALERT....here we go dready! help please everyone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As Chris says I'd sort it out through channels rather than go around, things can get out of hand very quickly when you doorstep someone and you unfortunately could end up coming of worse legally. So be cool like the cat says and let eBay have a go first.

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I know it doesn't help you right now but in the future you could do what authors used to do with a manuscript.

In this example to register the date at which you put this work in the public domain:

Print hard copies of the photographs, themselves resting on a dateable document like a newspaper.

Post them to yourself via recorded delivery but DO NOT open the envelope.

Good luck with this but as others have said, don't run the risk of giving him an excuse to accuse you of intimidation or harassment.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Aside from the plagiarizing of a superb product he is giving out a dangerous, ill made product that doesnt protect the user from the harm the original design was intended for as it has no weld etc.
apart from the honorless despicable human being the man is I would like to inform the despicable little fellow how shoddy his product is.
I would like to collect a nice collection of axe injuries and send these to his doorstep, but I will not do anything rash ^^, however the man is a danger to his customers by selling this trash! which mildly (doesnt quite say it) aggravates me.

And however very understandable I do not think a personal visit is a good idea, in a personal matter or a jurisdictional matter, as might you be able to press charges against the man you want your rep as clean as it can be and visiting him in an angry mood is not the way to achieve that. So if I were you Sonni I would hold off from that though for a while and first get informed on what your rights and tools are before messing the options you have up.... however tempting it is, as I feel you mate ^^

Yours sincerely Ruud

Last edited:

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi.....i bought one of his sheaths earlier and just now he refunded my money with this message attached:

A**** Mo***** (blabla@gmail.com) has issued a full refund for your payment.

Message from merchant: Just received a strange message on eBay and you also sell sheaths so it must have something to do with you. So I will refund your payment.

my reply:

i dont want a refund...i want the item...and i want you off ebay....twitter....amazon....etsy.....everywhere....and i wont rest till you are my friend.

youve stolen my image and youve replicated my work and i will be prosecuting you for copyright infringement....

your actions are also well publicised on uk forums....and i have you various full names and other details.

i will be contacting the police after i've heard back from all of ebay, etsy and amazon.

have a nice day,

t

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sonni, a bit of advice here.

DO NOT get into any more conversations or email exchange with the seller where you say you're going to be running him off of ebay etc because he use that as a case of harassment against him.

Just keep watching him and badgering ebay et al. about his copyright infringement of your picture.

The sad thing here is there's not a lot you can do about his copying your work because you haven't trademarked it or anything and it's not an identical copy, it's a similar style. Look at how many woodlore clones there are on the market.

There's scumbags out there that play on this because they know you can't do anything to stop them. :(

ebt.

Nomad
Mar 20, 2012
Brighton, UK
I'd suggest doing some reading first: www.ipo.gov.uk

If you've not done anything already to protect your work, your easiest route may be to invoice him for the use of your picture, since the legislation exists to protect these.

Eventually with all of these things, it comes down to how much time/effort you are prepared to put into the pursuit of it vs how much recompense/benefit you will see.

Good luck and really do have a read on the IPO site, this is a good starting spot: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/d-basicfacts.pdf

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
hi.....i bought one of his sheaths earlier and just now he refunded my money with this message attached:

************************ has issued a full refund for your payment.

Message from merchant: Just received a strange message on eBay and you also sell sheaths so it must have something to do with you. So I will refund your payment.

my reply:

i dont want a refund...i want the item...and i want you off ebay....twitter....amazon....etsy.....everywhere....and i wont rest till you are my friend.

youve stolen my image and youve replicated my work and i will be prosecuting you for copyright infringement....

your actions are also well publicised on uk forums....and i have you various full names and other details.

i will be contacting the police after i've heard back from all of ebay, etsy and amazon.

have a nice day,

t

Would it be a police matter?

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'd suggest doing some reading first: www.ipo.gov.uk

If you've not done anything already to protect your work, your easiest route may be to invoice him for the use of your picture, since the legislation exists to protect these.

Eventually with all of these things, it comes down to how much time/effort you are prepared to put into the pursuit of it vs how much recompense/benefit you will see.

Good luck and really do have a read on the IPO site, this is a good starting spot: http://www.ipo.gov.uk/d-basicfacts.pdf
Excellent advice bud.
Sonni you are right to be aggrieved and to fight this loathsome individual. It's not sincere flattery, it's passing off inferior goods and attacking your good name and your design and leather working skills.
The unauthorised use of your photographic images may well be the easiest and cheapest way to hurt him.
Get some legal advice. You may find that your bank or insurance company or a business association includes this service as part of your package.
Don't go anywhere near this scumbag mate. Hit him where it hurts. In his bank account.
Best of luck with him.
Simon

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
******* is a womans name, so she is probably Mrs Plagiarist. "**********", who make the post natal belly flatteners he also sells have an address in Delhi.

Am I right in thinking you (I mean we) can write a product review on Amazon without actually buying it? If the product is a dangerous poor quality copy then the public should be warned!

Z

(I didn't think I would be typing the phrase "post natal belly flatteners" when I got to work this morning!"

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE