PLAGIARIST ALERT....here we go dready! help please everyone...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Have a look at watermarking your photos too Sonni, it's dead easy and quick once you've designed the first one.

Best of luck with it mate

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
just got this....can you believe the gall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dear beneath-the-stars-leathercraft,

ok i understand your anger here. I will remove the image and axe sheath listings. A simple measage would do.

my reply:

its not even started yet...i'm going to sue you for royalties and copyright infringement....i'm not going to even start calming down until i see all of my work or any replication completely off any of your accounts...and then i'm going to want paying what you owe me!

you do also realise that by saying what you have, you have now admitted everything...

Note from Tony - This has been edited as part of an agreement between Angst and the ebay seller, we have kept the basic nature of the thread intact and removed the naughty persons personal information, this demonstrates that resolution is possible and we at Bushcraft UK support our makers and we're very pleased that Angst sorted this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

peaks

Settler
May 16, 2009
Derbys
1) Is there a lawyer in the house to provide advice??
2) Remember that publishing comments on internet forums needs to be kept within the (UK) law. So nothing libellous no matter how despicable the conduct of alleged individuals may seem to be folks. Think before you hit Post Quick Reply.......

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
hi...as far as i know i've tried to do everything correctly.....not abused him, threatened physically etc.....his details are easily obtained by anyone....and bcuk mods have been involved (ta for the support!) so i'm sure its all ok....but yup some advice would be great if anyone is 'qualified'....

regards

s

Last edited:

Black Sheep

Native
Jun 28, 2007
North Yorkshire
photobucket.com
Sorry to hear about this happening again.

Sadly it's not the first time and I'm sure it's not the last. It happened to several others on here myself included and others on BB etc' and yes it does smell of Mr. Noble but I doubt it's him......even if he does live near London.

As for copyright etc' unless you have registered your design there is very little that can be done legally. The best course of action I found was to find everywhere they're selling and contact the selling platform/forum and give the all the details as you did in your first post on here. Most will remove the offending items and if your lucky ban/block the seller.

Good luck.

Rich

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
1) Is there a lawyer in the house to provide advice??
2) Remember that publishing comments on internet forums needs to be kept within the (UK) law. So nothing libellous no matter how despicable the conduct of alleged individuals may seem to be folks. Think before you hit Post Quick Reply.......

Sage advice. Sonni I wish you all the luck in the world in this case.
Colin.

Will_

Nomad
Feb 21, 2013
Dorset
you do also realise that by saying what you have, you have now admitted everything...
Well played sir :D
Can you figure out from his ebay feedback who has already bought the axe sheaths?
I'm sure they'd like to see this thread.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Well played sir :D
Can you figure out from his ebay feedback who has already bought the axe sheaths?
I'm sure they'd like to see this thread.

Ebay anonymised public views of buyers on sellers lists a long time ago so the only person that can see the full name is the seller.

grey-array

Feb 14, 2012
The Netherlands
Ooh btw Sonni I also have a large file of screenshots of every item from ebay,
not only your axe sheath, but also the other knife sheath coppies.

Yours sincerely Ruud

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
ta grey....youre a star...and a HUGE thankyou to you all!!!! overwhelmed by the response...thankyou very much!

i didnt know about this mr. tim noble.....whats interesting is that there does seem to be a few people who think he could be behind this.....if anyone has any relevant info please contact me....direct if necessary....regards,

s

Last edited:

Eragon21

May 30, 2009
Aberdare
I am happy to see that you are making some progress on this, I first feared taht he would just tell you to get lost and carry on what he was doing.

Bungie

Dec 16, 2013
Brisbane, Australia
I am assuming all chat with this guy is through the proper channels, ie with ebay it's inside their web site and not normal email. That way you have a log ebay can see and track.

Have to admit I do like the original you did, would you be interested in doing me one for a GB #415 ?

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
yo.....yup most of it and i've kept all other emails too.....spent most of last night reading up on law.....am thinking i'll go through the ipo....gonna pay a visit to cab first though...

a

ps......etsy picture now gone....and he seems to have deleted his twitter......pic still on fishpond though....lol!

i've also tracked the mum down on 192.com.....seems i have to register to discover more....happy to do so if its worth it....anyone used 192.com before?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE