Pet peeve!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Balanophage

Apr 11, 2011
UK
www.bushcraft-magazine.co.uk
Next cat I get in my garden I'm going to catch, and tie a full poo bag (cat scat - owner unknown) to it's collar, then send it on its merry way.

:D I never thought of that one! But it's the bushcrafty way - just think of the trap-building practice. I'd just add, make sure the bag is fairly small and tight to the collar, so it doesn't catch on twigs/branches etc. Cats are just doing what cats do - this problem isn't their fault.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I used to have a problem with cats in the garden,I now have a jack russell terrorist.He loves cats and will run to play with them as soon as he sees them.Yes he craps in the garden and I clean up after him.There is no reason for me to clean up other peoples animal crap anymore.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I've just read through a fair bit of this and there's the obvious for and against, I personally am against, I've got a dog and we all clean up after it, our choice to have the dog and we take responsibility for it. I've had babies and they've all played outside, i'd be as mad as hell if they got into cat poo that should not be in my garden which happened to a friend of mine a couple of times, it scared him and his wife to death worrying about the fact their little one had played and probably consumed cat poo, i would have complete sympathy if the cat was dealt with, although of course it should always be humanely and swift (not necessarily terminal gents!)

I had another friend of mine that once used tiger poo, they never came close again.

Red, your paintball vid near the start of the thread goodjob.....frozen paintballs...:D

I've no real answer to what would solve it but it's wrong that's for sure.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I must admit that bloke amazed me - just a young lad with a laptop and some ingenuity. WOuld have cost millions if the firms I worked for developed that :(

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
I agree, dog and cat poo is insanitary and should be picked up by the owner and disposed of properly. Yes?

:eek: I was refering to the recent media uproar when the poor cat was dropped into a wheelie bin.

Very simple as red suggested cat owners must be held responsible for their mess. Basically if i can prove that a neighbours cat is using my garden as a toilet i will be charging them to clean it up. I will take photos and provide evidence and upon proving this evidence they will either come round and clean it up them selves or i will bill them £50 per hour with a one hour per mes minimum.

Oh and that senrty gun was stunning.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Cat owners train their pet to use a litter tray when at home, so why can't they train them to come home to use it?

The only time we haven't had an issue with cat scat is when we had rabbits in the back yard. I'm now back to wondering how to use marmite to persuade cats to go elsewhere.

:eek: I was refering to the recent media uproar when the poor cat was dropped into a wheelie bin.

Did the cat get its revenge? :yikes:

[video=youtube;pYyI51a463E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYyI51a463E[/video]

daveO

Native
Jun 22, 2009
South Wales
I never get why cats can't be enclosed for their time outdoors. You put rabbits, chickens or whatever into a run so why not cats? Saying they need more space is rubbish, tigers and lions in zoos get less than most people think their cats are entitled too. I have no sympathy for people who moan their cat has been run over. In fact I know people who live by main roads that had a couple of cats killed before they started walking them around in the garden on leads to stop this.

Maybe there's a Dragon's Den pitch in creating outdoor enclosures for cats...

When I moved into my place there were about 10 different cats patrolling through my garden at various times of the day. Water bombs stopped most of them but I still have to put netting over veg beds and cover up sand for the last few stubborn ones.

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Not too sure whether this cruelty was owner or property owner inflicted :dunno: .

pikachu-kitty-8042-1297355197-2.jpg

kennyboy

Jul 15, 2009
N.Ireland
nah tell em youre a viking and its part of your rich history and tradition to use their fur for clothing.

anyone who objects is obviously a racist looking to infinge upon your human rights

I object and i am white european just like the vikings. So how is my objection racist? I am also blonde-haired and blue-eyed and Irish which suggests my heritage is Scandinavian. People really need to learn the difference between racisism and xenophobia.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
You could always move to Calgary in Canada where cats have to be kept on leads while outside i presume to stop them doing it in other peoples gardens !

Mind you there is also a city bylaw that forbids you from hanging your washing outside ! weird folk them Canadians EH ! :)

Craig.........

lock0206

Oct 24, 2011
woking
how about chilli bombs with niagra chillies. with a little trip wire over the area where the cats comes through. after the 1st time they will nether pass through.

list of ways:

chilli bombs
electric fences
barb wire
pits (hole in ground)
water pistols with a mixture of red dye, pepper and chillie juices.
automated ball thrower
bb gun

i think if you imply any of these you could get your garden relatively free from cats

bb07

Native
Feb 21, 2010
Rupert's Land

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE