Pet peeve!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Had to get this one off my chest.

Dog owners have, by law (quite rightly) to clear up any mess their dog makes whilst out and about...

and yet...

Cat owners are allowed to let the cat wander free crapping wherever it likes - including my back garden. I seem to live on the corner of 5 different cats territories and they all come and take a dump in my garden. Where both my kids play. I cleared 2 piles up today.

So

Advice on (legally) keeping them out?
Thoughts on why cat owners shouldn't be responsible?
(I'd lobby for a DNA testing kit so I could post it, at owners expense, back to the owners)

And if it isn't possible to control where a cat goes to the toilet then should it really be a pet at all.

Sorry to all my cat owning friends. But I'm sick of it - it's disgusting and I shouldn't have to deal with it.

Gripe over.

Grrrr

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
I love cats and feel they should free to go where ever they please, it is not the owners responsibility to guard your land from an effective apex predator, helpfully removing the local bird,reptile and mammalian population to supplement the salmon and steak fru fru food it gets,:deadhorse::goodnight:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Nope, not that strong.

I'm on board with mountainm. Its insanitary and irresponsible. The only pet that's allowed free reign to defecate all over the place and wander around killing even though fully fed.

Of course the excuse is "that's just its nature".

Its the nature of dogs to jump fences, kill cats and sh** where they like as well. But the owners are expected to have a modicum of social grace and responsibility.

Red

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
I love cats and feel they should free to go where ever they please, it is not the owners responsibility to guard your land from an effective apex predator, helpfully removing the local bird,reptile and mammalian population to supplement the salmon and steak fru fru food it gets,:deadhorse::goodnight:

epic-facepalm-when-you-just-know-you-messed-up-demotivational-poster-1253705267.jpg

rosshs1

Apr 5, 2011
oxfordshire
Not sure how legal it was but our old lurcher was good at making sure they didn't come back (as well a family of pole cats, and lots of other stuff).

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
so how do I stop em - I've tried the shop bought stuff, and I've seen the local cats sniffing the stuff. Besides after a rain it's gone. A friend said move the poo to somewhere I don't care about and they'll poo in that spot.... I'd rather not have to play chess with cat poo.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Non native and of no use for anything.

Nice creatures at times but by far the biggest killer of native wildlife.

Cull and use the skins for something useful.

Long live the Dog!

A terrier will do the same as a feline, rat and mouse wise.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Do you think putting red food dye in the mix is pushing it a little bit?

LOL... it'll help when you score your shooting :lmao:

To make it easier you could always do what my ex father in law did and hang a herring or 2 from his apple tree a bit like a sacraficial goat.

Mind you he did that to attract cats to stop birds digging up all the grass seed he'd spread. All it did was show them where there was a freshly dug bit of soil for crapping in :lmao::lmao:

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE