Pet peeve!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

marcelxl

Settler
May 2, 2010
Kamloops, B.C.
Catapult and a bag of frozen sprouts !

Gets rid of the cats and sprout at the same time .

Craig............

:lmao::lmao: Brilliant!

Some great replies people!

Thread read with interest as I have the same problem here with our front garden used by seemingly dozens of them............and I have Spaniel which loves snacking on it :yuck: it does my head in.
My dogs are rubbish deterents too, allowing them onto my property and finishing their dinners! which needs addressing:confused:
I have thought about all kinds of things to stop them s***ing in my garden, some of them legal some of them might not be, but I still find it and have to watch dopey Spaniel like a hawk......... I hope someone out there has a solution!

By the way, as a dog owner I am also pretty disgusted by others bagging up the dog eggs and then chucking it into a bush or just leaving it. Personally I would rather they just left it for the slugs and a couple of rainfalls to wash it away than see dozens of parcels of mummified poo in the trees.
Bad dogownership is a bugbear of ours.

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
chipboard.
Cut into small squares, thats what Dad used to deter cats years ago, in the days before "animal rights" insanity took hold of the nations thinking. He kept a few bits just inside the front door. With a bit of practise could creep silently to the door, pick up a square, swiftly open and throw in one movement, like one of those kung fu star things. He never intended to hit or maim a cat (never did) but had the satisfaction of venting annoyance and scaring the stupid creature till next time.
I have problems with cats dumping in my own garden. I use water pistol to "shoot" them, and chilli juice spread about their pathways, the hotter the mix the more they dont like it

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
You could just get a cat, teach it to use a litter tray, so no cr@p in your garden and then it should keep other cats out of its territory.

That is the only way you'll stop other cats cr@pping in your garden, buy one. Cats Don't Crap in their own Gardens, They'll mark their territory with urine, that's about it.

I will go as far as to say i hate dogs all dogs, From the little yappy ones, to the big slobbering ones. I saw the pictures in the paper either yesterday or today i think it was,of a dog attacking cattle, Then the owner scarpered with the dog.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
The solution to vermin is rarely more vermin

The solution to irresposible cat ownership is not more irresponsible cat owners

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
That is the only way you'll stop other cats cr@pping in your garden, buy one. Cats Don't Crap in their own Gardens, They'll mark their territory with urine, that's about it.

I will go as far as to say i hate dogs all dogs, From the little yappy ones, to the big slobbering ones. I saw the pictures in the paper either yesterday or today i think it was,of a dog attacking cattle, Then the owner scarpered with the dog.

No the solution is for cat owners to admit responsibility and give a sh!t about where there pets give a sh!t. If a pet can't be controlled then it shouldn't be owned.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
A dog owner can be prosecuted for his dog fouling in any location other than on the owners land. The law should simply be extended to cover cats.

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
The same could be said for dog owners.

Yes it could - that isn't my argument. Dog owners are legally responsible for clearing up there animals mess - if they don't then they should be punished. Why aren't cat owners?

This isn't about Dogs V Cats. It's about my kids, in my garden with someone elses cat Sh!t - and I aint happy about it.

lucan

Nomad
Sep 6, 2010
East Yorks
I don't disagree with you about it being a problem, I think it would be nigh on impossible to find and prosecute a cat owner. And to be honest i don't think councils would bother trying to enforce any sort of clean up.

The only reason i can think of as to why Dog owners do get prosecuted and Cat owners don't, is the simple fact it's not recognised as a serious problem because cats don't do it all over the streets, they bury it. I'm sure if Cat's did start cr@pping all over the streets then things would change. .

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I don't disagree with you about it being a problem, I think it would be nigh on impossible to find and prosecute a cat owner. And to be honest i don't think councils would bother trying to enforce any sort of clean up.

The only reason i can think of as to why Dog owners do get prosecuted and Cat owners don't, is the simple fact it's not recognised as a serious problem because cats don't do it all over the streets, they bury it. I'm sure if Cat's did start cr@pping all over the streets then things would change. .

Cats and dogs on leads. Or not at all. Then they won't come into my garden. They won't crap on my lawn. If an owner can't tell me where their animal is, then they aren't in control of the animal.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
...and a "stray" cat on your property can be dealt with the same way as any other disease carrying pest!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE