Pet peeve!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Don't be stupid, blackbirds don't have fingers to pull the tiny triggers. How about we dress the offending cat up as a robin and fix it to a perch somewhere?

Ahh but if you could weave the electrical trigger controls into some kind of positronic nural net, then splice it to the blackbird!

Jan 28, 2010
ontario
Here's a thought....feed the cats who visit your garden a good strong mix of cat food and Ex-Lax and then hope their owners bring kitty in
for the night to sleep on the bed beside them...

resnikov

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dog owners have, by law (quite rightly) to clear up any mess their dog makes whilst out and about...

And how many bags of dog muck do you see hanging from bushes when you go out for a walk? If the owners are going to make the effort to clean up their dogs mess and put it in a bag, why then throw it in to a bush where it will not decompose????? Maye once all the dog owners clean up the dog poo, the cat owners will have no excuse.

I would rather step in a dog turd then see them hanging like cheap Christmas decorations from the hedgerows.

Just my 2 cents to stir the pot a bit more

As to keep them out of your garden, water pistols are good, as are spices pepper, chili powder that sort of thing.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Sorry Res but that's rubbish, I've tried the lot and it don't work. Maybe if yer garden is five foot square and yer sit out for 24 hours with a water gun, there's a chance.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Sorry Res but that's rubbish, I've tried the lot and it don't work. Maybe if yer garden is five foot square and yer sit out for 24 hours with a water gun, there's a chance.

besides which why should we, the non cat owning, cat poo shovelling, hard done by house owners have to spend our hard earned cash on means to prevent cats spreading disease ridden faeces all over our childrens play areas?

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
And how many bags of dog muck do you see hanging from bushes when you go out for a walk? If the owners are going to make the effort to clean up their dogs mess and put it in a bag, why then throw it in to a bush where it will not decompose????? Maye once all the dog owners clean up the dog poo, the cat owners will have no excuse.

I would rather step in a dog turd then see them hanging like cheap Christmas decorations from the hedgerows.

Just my 2 cents to stir the pot a bit more

As to keep them out of your garden, water pistols are good, as are spices pepper, chili powder that sort of thing.

Absolutely, never understood why you would bother to bag it just to leave it, the forestry commission Scotland had a great idea in the moray woods, all you have to do is to flick the poop off the path, saves on bins needing emptying, and saves the lazy gits leaving there bags around,

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
I have always found that a quickround of a paintball gun turned down low will stop the feline buggers lol
And anyone from the RSPCA just joking..... Or not he he he

mountainm

Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Absolutely, never understood why you would bother to bag it just to leave it, the forestry commission Scotland had a great idea in the moray woods, all you have to do is to flick the poop off the path, saves on bins needing emptying, and saves the lazy gits leaving there bags around,

I fell foul of something like that once.. I trod in some crap on the path, walked to the side to wipe it off in a long clump of grass. My other foot trod in another pile hidden in the grass - I stepped sidewards from that pile into yet another...and ended up surrounded by a horde of stealth poo. I had to go do the dance of shame in another clump of long grasses.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
At least there are laws on dog fouling...and come to that, I have never had a dog leap in my garden to cr**. If I did, I'd sort its owners out quick time. I fail to see why there is a dual standard for cats. Any pet fouling outside its own home is anti social, irresponsible and insanitary.

Harvestman

May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I have a cat. It stays indoors. All the time. No problem.

On the other hand, both my neighbours have the sort of small yappy dogs that want the world to know that they are in charge (from a safe distance of course) if there is the slightest sound from anything nearby.
Correspondingly, neither owner has a clue about how to control a dog (I have a dog too, and it doesn't bark indiscriminately at everything - it has been trained not to).

Kind of makes me wish for a crossbow. No sure whether the dogs or the owners would be the targets of choice though. Good job I don't have one really...

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Good on you HM - sounds like you are a responsible owner of both. Cats screaming on a fence at night and yapping / barking dogs are both bleeding annoying and the sign of a bad owner.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE