Fast Growing Grass Seed

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

StevieE

Forager
Jul 15, 2021
Bridgend, South Wales
Ok. Strange one this but has anyone come across a fast growing shady tolerant grass seed? Even though the garden is south facing, my lawn descends about three foot further down from the decking area and is in shade at the bottom until high summer. Also, the previous owners had demolished the garage and instead of getting a skip in just buried it in the garden, covered it with topsoil and put some turf over the top. I've seen some adverts in newspapers but they all seem to be mail order only and I'm not happy with writing my card number down on a piece of paper and sticking it in the post

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Fast growing = high energy requirement
Shady = low energy availability

Shade tolerant grass (usually fescues IIRC) in the shade is never going to grow as quickly as rye grass in a sunny area.

Reactions: StevieE

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Keep track of the soil temperature, it's critical. The Russians in their Far East, such as the Kabarovsk Krai , spray a finely powdered coal dust on their fields in spring to get the soil temp up as economically as they can. Black poly in commercial gardens is there not just for weed control.

Reactions: StevieE

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE