2022 MK 2 - A guyline Knot/hitch/bend for Poncho and Tarps......

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
After some thought about the MK 1 "Buckle Loop", (which hasn't let me down so far) I came up with the MK 2 "Buckle Loop Evo" recently which is a bit more compact and quicker to tie but basically does the same thing as the MK 1.

"To act as a cord quick release between a guy line and an eyelet, particularly Ponchos/bashas."

SXv1Zpcl.jpg

This Version starts off with a simple loop tied with a overhand at the end. The Cord is 80 cm Long and I think any shorter would make it quite hard to do the final knot.

02QYgRUl.jpg

zfNfLcVl.jpg

So its literally fold the loop in half and try and gauge that it sits near to the first overhand. (this can be adjusted at the overhand later if needed)

0rRByCtl.jpg

Gather All of the cords and tie another overhand in the bunch of 4 cords.
From here you can make it look neat and adjust it so you get the desired effect.

tkSxZWql.jpg

So you should get this (I spent a bit more time making this neater)

qVBXG0Gl.jpg

As before, an adjustable taut line hitch is tied at the two loops so tension adjustments can be made easily and close to the shelter.

GWVW7aBl.jpg

Enjoy

Last edited:

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I thought I'd make a Video tying the knot. I'm going to share it with some other Youtubers and see what they think.

I'd also be interested to hear from anyone using it and their experiences.

Reactions: nigelp

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE