OT Women

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
God appears to this bloke and says “You’ve lived such a good life, I am going to perform a miracle just for you, anything you want.”

The bloke thinks, then says: “ I hate flying but I love going to the States. Could you build me a bridge over the Atlantic, so that I can drive there?”

God replies: “Are you sure? Do you realise what a feat of engineering that is? Have you thought about the logistics? And anyway, isn’t it a bit selfish? Don’t you want to choose something that will benefit all of mankind?”

The bloke considers this for a while then says; “You’re right. I tell you what: I want to understand women. How they think, what they really mean when they say something, how to get them out of their moods – all that sort of stuff.”

God replies: “Will that be a dual or a single carriageway?”

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Me, I find most people equally incomprehensible regardless of gender...

Men are from Earth, women are from Earth, and they're all equally weird.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I always enjoy the argument that women's moods are hormonal. It can be true of course but many male impulses are equally hormonally driven. I think we are entitled to sympathy and understanding when we give in to our hormones :). We live in an equal society after all!! ;)

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
apparently by going to the pub last night for a drink and not realising that she was upset and wanted attention i am just showing how immatire and unreceptive i am, i'm obviously not relationship material.

oh well:D

novembeRain

Nomad
Sep 23, 2008
lincoln
Trick is mate, tell em right from the word go that you're not very good with people so if it seems you're being insensitive it probably just means you hadn't noticed and that all they need to do is tell you.

Sounds stupid doesn't it but think about it -

You went to the pub where she "expected" you to show her some attention - You didn't notice (maybe not because you're not good with people but tough - it's an excuse)

Now, if she'd gone along with that and TOLD you, you'd have given her that attention - she'd be happy and you wouldn't be in trouble - even though really you hadn't noticed what she wanted you to ;)

If, on the other hand, she didn't tell you. You can say in your defence "I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you were upset darling, I told you I'm not very good with people, I am a man after all! What was wrong?"

To which the answer's normally "nothing really, I just felt a bit down" and you can normally sort it from there :D

HTH

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Trick is mate, tell em right from the word go that you're not very good with people so if it seems you're being insensitive it probably just means you hadn't noticed and that all they need to do is tell you.

Sounds stupid doesn't it but think about it -

You went to the pub where she "expected" you to show her some attention - You didn't notice (maybe not because you're not good with people but tough - it's an excuse)

Now, if she'd gone along with that and TOLD you, you'd have given her that attention - she'd be happy and you wouldn't be in trouble - even though really you hadn't noticed what she wanted you to ;)

If, on the other hand, she didn't tell you. You can say in your defence "I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you were upset darling, I told you I'm not very good with people, I am a man after all! What was wrong?"

To which the answer's normally "nothing really, I just felt a bit down" and you can normally sort it from there :D

HTH

well we only get to hear one side of the story. Ive met plenty men who were snakes as well you know, but somehow you know it's always the womans fault isnt it.

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
well we only get to hear one side of the story. Ive met plenty men who were snakes as well you know, but somehow you know it's always the womans fault isnt it.

no, it was a mutual thing really, we weren't compatible, i realise i'm portraying myself as a bit of a pig in this situation but it's not really like that, i was just feeling a bit lonely and confused and thought i'd have a bit of a natter about it online, no offence was intended

xylaria

apparently by going to the pub last night for a drink and not realising that she was upset and wanted attention i am just showing how immatire and unreceptive i am, i'm obviously not relationship material.

oh well:D
Maturity in relationships is when problems can be discussed, not sulking and expecting someone to mind read. There was a line in the simpsons movies where lisa said "but mum I am so angry [at homer]" marge then takes her and says "you're a women you can hold it in forever". That pretty explians how a lot of women are, we bottle up all those little irritations until we pop, and then this incomprehensible rant comes out. It takes maturity to understand that about yourself, and it is not healthy.

I don't think you sounding like a pig at all, you should of heard my mate when I he found his partner of 5 years and mother of his child in bed with his best mate. People can pretty abusive in relationships regardless of gender. Don't let is get you down, there is other fish in sea, and please don't become embittered.

Last edited:

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Xylaria is right, there is other fish in the sea, and what are you, 18? pah! youve got loads of time and fun to have before you settle down for good. At 18, you are probably only acting your age anyway by going down the pub. I remember when I had my first proper boyfriend at 18, he was a raging bag of drunken hormones and I couldnt wait to get rid of him! So dont worry about the maturity comment.
Go out, do some bushcrafting, learn and enjoy the world. Dont look for a woman just yet, the right one will be attracted to you by bumping into whislt you do what you enjoy, not when you go looking for them in bars in clubs (not that you said you would or anything!)

xylaria

Crikey when was 18 I had a boyfriend, he was type1 diabetic, a heavy drinker (mad blood sugar and rages). i ducked a punch he dented the door behind my head and blamed me for the damage. I got shot of him very fast, afterwards I found wasn't playing second fiddle to another girl I was part of an orchestra. I was warned about him too. Sometimes I think the asian way of having meetings arranged by a third party is preferble to the kiss the frogs until they turn in to prince method that westeners are stuck with.

Hmm, from a woman's perspective:

If a bloke appears insensitive, so what? Get over it.
Life is not fair; deal with it. Tomorrow is another day and life is too short for sulking.

I have found with men that subtle hints don't work, and really subtle hints really don't work, so just tell 'em what you want, or what's bugging you.

As for going to the bog in groups, not a chance, most of my mates are male. Actually, saying that, some of them DO come in the bogs sometimes, don't they? (You know who you are!)

Don't worry Nat, this too will pass.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE