Inventions that should Exist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Inventions that should exist are things that should exist in the real world but for some reason - do not.

Example

We have Toilet Seats and we have Rubbish Bins with pedal operated lids to flip them up and down.

Why don't we have a Pedal bin operated Toilet Seats?

I'm not overly prudish about bodily functions but lets admit Men municipal toilets are not the kind of place where you want too touch too many things. :rolleyes:

Anymore inventions that should be?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Car boots that open at a touch of a key fob when your arms are full - but not car doors!

Edit: actually, thinking about it, there probably are some; I just can't afford those cars :)

Reactions: TeeDee

Winnet

Forager
Oct 5, 2011
Aberdeen
My mates Range Rover has a sensor under the rear bumper so all he does is move his foot under it and the boot opens.

G

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Reactions: TeeDee

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
There was a compressed air van about 25 years ago that ran by cleverly turning a geared small turbine. The van rear was a completely fibreglass compression tank. Did speeds of around 60 mph and mileage was around 120 miles.

......then it disappeared, never to be seen again, have since in the past tried to find details of it, nothing?

Reactions: CLEM and TeeDee

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Retro electric appliances, still full function, but with dials and actual buttons that are familiar to people over 65...not touch screens with 40 options available to run a load of laundry.
They tell us that we have an aging population, then all the new appliances and equipment has features that only teenagers can understand (exaggerating a little).

something to block of the reception of mobile phones (== stop them from working) when the ignition key in a vehicle is in the lock -- i've stopped the amount of close calls "" thanks"'' to some ***** idiot using their phone while driving (not to mention two hit-and-run accidents (and one deliberate attempt to run me over but that didn't involve a phone...))... looking at all the electronic crap in cars these days it shouldn't be too difficult to achieve...

Reactions: Kev627 and Fadcode

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
it would be better to disable GPS systems especially the video screens, and rely on voice directions, as I am sure these are a distraction too, but I have seen adverts, with the internet available on screens, apparently a good selling point for driverless cars.......as John Wayne said "That'll be the day"

Reactions: forrestdweller

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
A heat exchange pipeline to supply cold air to hot countries and hot air to cold countries.
Closest heard of, is the Australian's Northern Territory solar project. Building a massive solar farm (30,000 acres, world's largest) and then sending the power generated over a 3,700 km undersea cable to Singapore.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Outdoorsy one.
A signal mirror built into a phone case. Have the mirror side facing the back of the phone for protection, but if needed to use it, pop it off.

Reactions: Nice65

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I've tried making that; it just ends up a wet mess. :sigh:

Maybe it needs to be hit with some Liquid Nitrogen ( every kitchen surely has that under the sink, ) first in the same way as the Peanut Butter in PB2 is turned to powder.

Reactions: Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE