Inventions that should Exist

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
How about a piece of duct tape and felt tip pen ... :cool:

Good idea.

How about they just send us the whole kit in its component parts with instructions and soldering iron and I'll bang it all together myself because clearly I have nothing better to do then do their job for them.

:)

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Now this comes down to 'Laws that should exist'!

There should only be 1 type of mains power cord, 1 type of high voltage DC psu and cord (12v or 18v or something) and 1 type of 5v DC psu and cord - EU are sorting the latter.

Presume referring to the requirement phones use USB-C. USB-C can provide up to 20v and 5A. There's a negotiation between the device plugged in and the psu.

Problem is there are a lot of cords out there that don't adhere to the standard, or are just passive and therefore limited to 5v and max of 3A. Yet the cords look identical with identical connectors.

Reactions: Kadushu

Kadushu

If Carlsberg made grumpy people...
Jul 29, 2014
Kent
Retro electric appliances, still full function, but with dials and actual buttons that are familiar to people over 65...not tough screens with 40 options available to run a load of laundry.
They tell us that we have an aging population, then all the new appliances and equipment has features that only teenagers can understand (exaggerating a little).
I'm not anywhere near 65 but find all the options on things very annoying. Why can't my washing machine just have 4 settings:-
It only needs a quick rinse
It's a bit grubby
It's very grubby
It's got a right crust on it

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm not anywhere near 65 but find all the options on things very annoying. Why can't my washing machine just have 4 settings:-
It only needs a quick rinse
It's a bit grubby
It's very grubby
It's got a right crust on it
If its underpants you could probably just have a incremental visual representation to demonstrate all four States.

:)

• Haha
Reactions: Kadushu

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
But then you need:

1) it's my man-made fibre underwear
2) it's my cotton underwear
3) it's my wool underwear
4) it's my best silk underwear

So, a matrix of 4 levels of dirt and 4 types of material :)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Are there any POTUS proof underwear?

( Joke only relevant in the Vatican - allegedly. )

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
But what about my leather underwear and my fur underwear?

You'll have to buy our deluxe version of washing machine - it automatically smells the washing, determines the 'dirt level', and goes on an online AI database to identify the exact material and the best wash cycle. Of course, if it's a wash cycle you've not subscribed to, you will have to pay an in-app charge for it to be used.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
What the world really needs is someone to come up with a universal numbering system for the Chinese takeaway, so no matter where you are in the world special fried rice is always No45 (for example).
We need to have all Indian takeaways do the same as the Chinese takeaways and number all the different items on their menus

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Someone should invent Disposable Duvets. Big tick from me.

That way we wouldn't have to spend half a day each week / month / year (delete as appropriate) changing the expletive duvet cover.

Agreed- Duvet changes can be the source of a lot of Domestic arguments about 'who is and isn't in the corner correctly'

I suggest either Magnet male / female internal corners system, or a Maid/Butler service to do it for you.

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
Closest heard of, is the Australian's Northern Territory solar project. Building a massive solar farm (30,000 acres, world's largest) and then sending the power generated over a 3,700 km undersea cable to Singapore.
And the company collapsed when the loans funding the undersea cable expired.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE