One is awf to meet HRH today!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Just for fun,

if you had 30 seconds what would be your one question for the queen?

(please keep it fun, clean and non-incendiary)

Rob

robin wood

Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
No question,

I would ask for help conserving our traditional craft skills.

My MP raised this in the House of Commons last week a short quote.

"It seems that only once these crafts are dead do they come under the remit of the heritage industry, as their products find their ways into museum displays and people take pride in their conservation and celebrate their memory. Why can we not give the same attention to the ailing small industries that create these iconic objects? Are not the skills as worthy of conservation as the products that they create? We assess the relative importance of protecting, preserving and finding new life for older buildings that we see as part of our heritage: why should we not take a similar approach to heritage craft skills, and allocate a budget to do so?"

rest of debate here http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2009-06-25a.1036.0

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Excuse me ma'am, I understand you have quite a lot of land and wondered if I could possibly get your permission to come and play in it ?

locum76

Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
Grylls or Mears?? oh sorry you said non-incendiary ;) have a good one!

Cheers,

Alan

lol :D . maybe i could lead with 'do you think a woodlore knife is worth the money?'

I might ask her if her veg plot needs hoeing. It'd give me something to do.

Melonfish

Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
ah remember, its not the queen that spent that but the princes, the queen's been dipping into her savings for expenses etc.

ooh i've got one: Can i be a Kniggit?

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
How about:

"...and what do you do?"

That's what she asked me at a station visit in 1994. I was so tempted to say "Don't you know, ma'am? I work for you!"...:rolleyes:

...but, alas, I didn't have the balls and it may well have ended prematurely a promising career in the Armed Services. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE