Norway Jan 2013 - Five (plus one) go wild on the Nordmarka

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

sasquatch

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2008
Northampton
Great pics gents, thanks for posting. Glad you had the weather you anticipated so you could get er done proper and use all your gear. Welcome back, I look forward to hearing more at the next meet.

Did the scales pop off your knife Martin? ;)

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great stuff guys, glad you had a good un and arrived home safe.
Theres some good skills practiced there. It must have been a right good laugh.
Look forward to catching up soon.

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Wow, just wow!

Thanks for letting us share in your winter skills and fellowship adventure! Very strong winter skills work displayed. Excellent demonstration of teamwork and the buddy system. Very nice Martin, with the little hound; I see that you are still "taking care of the troops"! Nice, with the local quartering party at the station and effecting the linkup with Andy. Norway is a beautiful place that I have been able to experience through your wonderful expeditions. Thanks to Cliff, Martin, Karl, Clive, Andy and Pete and to those that supported them along the way in making this expedition a resounding success!

Well done, all!

Gordy

great stuff gentlemen.
looks like a good time was had by all.
how did the group parachute with space blankets work out?
I'm guessing the toboggans really helped with the amount of kit you required. did pulling them along affect travel speed at all kf was it a case of once moving their own momentum carried them along and you more provided direction than movement?
thanks for sharing with us all.

I want snow here now

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great stuff guys, I can almost smell the snow and can't wait for our trip coming up.

How did the toboggans work out for you?

Was there much grit on the roads and if so how did they wear?

Missing it already. :)

I'll let those who took and pulled them answer that Gary

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Wow, just wow!

Thanks for letting us share in your winter skills and fellowship adventure! Very strong winter skills work displayed. Excellent demonstration of teamwork and the buddy system. Very nice Martin, with the little hound; I see that you are still "taking care of the troops"! Nice, with the local quartering party at the station and effecting the linkup with Andy. Norway is a beautiful place that I have been able to experience through your wonderful expeditions. Thanks to Cliff, Martin, Karl, Clive, Andy and Pete and to those that supported them along the way in making this expedition a resounding success!

Well done, all!

Gordy

Gordy. many thanks. I think this was the best trip ever and will be hard to beat. I seem to say this every time I return. Planning for the next one will have to be something special. :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
great stuff gentlemen.
looks like a good time was had by all.
how did the group parachute with space blankets work out?
I'm guessing the toboggans really helped with the amount of kit you required. did pulling them along affect travel speed at all kf was it a case of once moving their own momentum carried them along and you more provided direction than movement?
thanks for sharing with us all.

I want snow here now

Again, I'll let those that used them answer the questions on pulks. :)

Parachute worked fantastic, the thin survival blankets didn't last long as they ripped easily. The thicker ones, kept the wind out and reflected heat and light back in.

Hoping for snow too :)

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Great pics gents, thanks for posting. Glad you had the weather you anticipated so you could get er done proper and use all your gear. Welcome back, I look forward to hearing more at the next meet.

Did the scales pop off your knife Martin? ;)

Chad, I think you know the answer to that mate, knife worked great. The scales are fine :lmao:

Last edited:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Arr the Ice fishing glad you asked Tank :)

It started well hole cut in the ice then K9 set him self up

067.jpg

He was out there for hours ,

068.jpg

Maybe to long ,

069.jpg

070.jpg

Then it happened ,,,,, a bite ,,,,,,

071.jpg

What luck ....;)

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

075.jpg

:lmao:

Twodogs

Last edited:

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
The pulks worked brilliantly their was a fair few gritted bit on the way and had to cross a tarmac road that was gritted and it took a good tug and some leg work to get them across but by the end their was only light scratching not much at all. The pulks glided along nicely with little effort apart from the hills witch was due to lack of foot grip and weight on the pulk it was heavy pulling up the hills, down hill we flicked them 180 Deg and walked them down in front of us. I had two lengths of para cord tied to a Crab and to each pull loop of the pulk witch allowed me to control direction with a pull of the cord.

The pulks worked brilliantly their was a fair few gritted bit on the way and had to cross a tarmac road that was gritted and it took a good tug and some leg work to get them across but by the end their was only light scratching not much at all. The pulks glided along nicely with little effort apart from the hills witch was due to lack of foot grip and weight on the pulk it was heavy pulling up the hills, down hill we flicked them 180 Deg and walked them down in front of us. I had two lengths of para cord tied to a Crab and to each pull loop of the pulk witch allowed me to control direction with a pull of the cord.
Cheers Karl

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE