9 Months in Norway, Part 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
It all depends with the planning on what your exact journey will be like. As we had many farms and a long time to play with, I contacted all the farms early on and booked dates with them, so we had a sort of loose schedule for security. It didn't always work out as planned, and I often called ahead to the next farm to ask if we could come several weeks too early or too late etc, but at least we had already had good contact so there was never any problems. Other than that it was all about planning kit and other activities :)

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Cool, did you feel the need to take every bit of kit you owned of just a rucksack each?

Dreadhead

Just a rucksack each :) Though because we were in a foreign land we took some camping gear to be self sufficient, just in case things fell through we had some security. apart from that all we took were some working clothes and the usual traveling nic-nacs. most wwoofers we met just had a small bag with work clothes and a sleeping bag.

It all comes down to personal preference and how long you intend to be wwoofing. I wanted to be as self sufficient as possible in case we wanted to leave the farms for any reason as we were often in the middle of nowhere. I probably wouldn't bother with all that in the uk as i could just find a b&b if i really needed it

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
That is just what i am thinking kitwise so far, security and peace of mind. When i take the next step in prep i am sure i will have more questions, that boat journey you done looked truly amazing

Dreadhead

We are still going through pictures and videos we took along our trip, and Fionn just put this video together yesterday. It was taken on the Flåm Railway. In the video is the last farm we stayed on (black & white house beneath huge waterfall). This was our goodbye and last sight (for now) of the beloved farm we grew to love :)

[video=youtube_share;3dgGeMOzrPY]http://youtu.be/3dgGeMOzrPY[/video]

We spent a lot of time on the farm, and I often ventured up those mountains behind the waterfall to find the sheep or fix things with Terje, also above the waterfall is where we stayed in a hunting cabin for a week relaxing before leaving Norway.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
So picture postcard-esque it almost looks like a scale model

Dreadhead

Fionn has put together a nice video of our trip with all the pictures and some nice Norwegian folk music playing through

Best watched on a big screen with a hot chocolate on a rainy day when you have nothing better to do :p

[video=youtube_share;qvIOKxVV_pc]http://youtu.be/qvIOKxVV_pc[/video]

Angst

Apr 15, 2010
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
woke up at my usual late hour and instead of cracking on i just sat and watched every single frame on a small screen, with a cup of tea, on a lovely day when i've a lot of 'better' things to be doing and i regret not a second....absolutely wonderful and emotional too and i loved the music.

very happy for the two of you and great vid fionn.

perfect start to the day....thankyou both!

s xxx

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Have watched a wee preview but going to save the rest for tonight with a mug of tea and some oatcakes and cheese. (How my Friday nights have changed since my teens!:rolleyes:)

Looking forward to it and going to dig out part one of the thread and re-read as it's really enjoyable.

Cracking stuff.

Dreadhead

woke up at my usual late hour and instead of cracking on i just sat and watched every single frame on a small screen, with a cup of tea, on a lovely day when i've a lot of 'better' things to be doing and i regret not a second....absolutely wonderful and emotional too and i loved the music.

very happy for the two of you and great vid fionn.

perfect start to the day....thankyou both!

s xxx

Thanks mate I really appreciate it, glad you liked it :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE