Overnighter in a cave, Norway.

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.
thanks folks twas braw :) Moving to Norway is certainly our long term goal, but ill be back in scotland this summer for a few years bashing away at leather and iron again

Have now moved on to another farm with new projects taking up the time (building a stone age boat) so there won't be any updates for a while!
 
i spent over a year learning norwegian before coming over here. since being here, i have learned one or two words. everybody speaks fluent english and insists on speaking it, so its difficult to learn anything new. I only speak it on the phone or in coffee shops really. and of course we are now on the west coast, an hour north of bergen, where they speak in a really thick accent to make it even harder :lmao:
 
i spent over a year learning Norwegian before coming over here. since being here, i have learned one or two words. everybody speaks fluent English and insists on speaking it, so its difficult to learn anything new. I only speak it on the phone or in coffee shops really. and of course we are now on the west coast, an hour north of Bergen, where they speak in a really thick accent to make it even harder :lmao:

I know exactly how you feel. When I lived on Cyprus I tried to learn the language and would try and use it whenever I could but the locals only really wanted to use English...better for them when dealing with tourists.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE