Norway Jan 2013 -Planning and Preparation

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Following on from Twodogs' Thread here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97613http://www.bushcraftliving.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12872

Twodogs, TinkyPete, Karl82, Cliv and myself met up yesterday morning to Prep our kit, ditch the doubling up, weigh in and book our tickets.

The aim of the trip is to take in the scenery, test out our equipment and skill sets and a load of wild camping.

Luckily Twodogs has the use of a School Hall and we made great use of it.

Good Return prices at Norwegian Air:

£141 for 10 kg cabin and 40 kg hold

£181 for 10 kg cabin and 40 kg hold plus pulk

Tickets Booked

Aplogies for some of the pics, my cameras playing up.

Cliff's Kit:

cliffskit1.jpg

Clive's Kit:

cliveskit1.jpg

dsc08720u.jpg

Karl's Kit:

karlskit1.jpg

karlskit2.jpg

Pete's Kit:

peteskit.jpg

My Kit:

dsc08715b.jpg

All Kit:

allkitunpacked.jpg

Rations:

rationsunpacked.jpg

rationspacked.jpg

Weigh In:

weighin.jpg

Kit packed:

kitpacked.jpg

Roll on January.

dave53

On a new journey
Jan 30, 2010
wales
nice one lads i wish i was fit enough to do something like this im envious regards dave

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
Nice one lads! Because of my late return to the UK (Mid Dec), most of my planning is being done on a spreadsheet! (although I already have the tickets etc booked for some months now)

How long are you planning to be away - I notice what would appear to be around 12 pairs of socks in Cliff's kit for example. And are you still flying out on 5th?

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
We flying out on the 4th and we will be back the following Friday the orange roll in Tinkeys kit is mine marker tape. cheers for the comments guys we all looking forward to it forget Xmas bring on the new year.

MartinK9

Life Member
Dec 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Nice work guys, thats good planning. Nice idea on laying the kit out in the hall.

Not long to go now :)

Cheers Pete,

Not long at all. :)

I find it easier to look at all my kit that way, it also gives others the opportunity to point out gaps in kit or extras that aren't required or additions that would assist, we all managed to ditch some piece of kit that was surplus to requirements, or add something.

The orange tape of TinkyPetes for example, he brought along the roll with the idea to give each person some for marking purposes, we won't be taking the whole thing....

Pruning saws- Ditched my two in favour of a Silky and a Ray Mears collapsible

Food wise it gave everyone the opportunity to see what we're taking and discuss what fresh we're buying in Oslo.

Opal

Native
Dec 26, 2008
Liverpool
Amazing amount of gear :eek: I'd have to take a mule with me for my share
kngt.gif

good luck to yers, look forward to the pics etc.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Looking good,and cant wait to read/see report and pics when you get back,this is the type of thing i hope to do 2014,all kit looks spot on(except who's the unlucky one carrying the other arms bergen,got one myself but the belts round my rib area!)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Looks like youre well enough prepared.
Hope I'll be able to visit your camp one of the days. Got some spare time of at work, so maybe I'll curl up for one night.
Are you up for some rakfisk and aquavite?

Edit :Guess you would be interested in a weather update for the area: The 10cm of snow we had in the end of october is all gone. It had been chucking it downdown for alomst 3 weeks and the ground is soaking wet. It has been the warmest November since the 1940's. If we don't get eny cold weather any time soon I doubt the lakes will be frosen in the beginning of January, at least not solid enough to walk on.

Last edited by a moderator:

Twodogs

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 16, 2008
West Midland
www.facebook.com
Skaukraft drop in if you can you would be welcome , if the snows low we may move up a bit ,

Scots we are snow shoeing then setting up a base can to play out of ,

Not long now ,,,, come on snow ,,,,,

Twodogs

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE