9 Months in Norway, Part 2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
thanks for all the kind comments :) there is soooo much that i have missed out as i try and sift through everything from the past year. no doubt i will add to this thread as and when i remember. It sure has been busy!

I find i am still unpacking things, and repairing kit, and generally trying to adapt to being back which is the most difficult.

I have had a hell of a lot of inspiration and new ideas for my leatherwork which i will have up and running sometime soon. Its good to be back with my tools! :)

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
Absolutely Incredible! Thanks for sharing, my jealousy levels have just reached an all time high! :cussing:

Some amazing pics, loving the lambs!

You guys look so comfortalbe in your enviroment. especially on the boat... (cough..timemachine...cough)

Glad yee enjoyed yourselves!

Ste

GGTBod

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 28, 2014
Truly inspiring stuff i've never been so gripped reading something for a long time, also never realised my mad/bonkers idea had a name, i want to do some wwoofing and i now have an avenue to explore the possibilities as a reality and not just a mad idea, don't know how i missed you originally posting this thread as there is so much in it that grabs me by my sinew

TinkyPete

Sep 4, 2009
uk mainly in the Midlands though
Hamish and Fionn, I have really enjoyed following your trip it has been a definite life experience which you will both keep forever, you have made many life friends. Thank you for sharing your experiences with us and I am sure you will both go back

dwardo

Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Finally had time to sit down and read your thread properly and it was a stunner. Amazing photos and what an experience.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I think i was not the only person missed you originally posting this thread, my mad idea now has an outline of a plan, it is going to be either Canada, Alaska or somewhere in Scandinavia from spring 2015, wwoofing is going to open the planet to me and all for a good days work

Dreadhead

I think i was not the only person missed you originally posting this thread, my mad idea now has an outline of a plan, it is going to be either Canada, Alaska or somewhere in Scandinavia from spring 2015, wwoofing is going to open the planet to me and all for a good days work

sounds great mate, feel free to message me if you need any help/tips etc ;)

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
You read my mind, i had planned to see if i could pick your brains about it all at some point soon, this adventure you had is right up my street, plenty good honest work and especially the rewarding side of doing something that makes a difference and then learning traditional crafts along the way, priceless life experiences.

I am on the wwoofing site daily, i am now thinking i will be aiming to go to Ireland wwoofing as my first adventure this autumn to help with harvesting time and get me ready for a bigger jaunt next spring further afield.

Did it take much planning before you left for Norway?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE