North West Meet, 14, 15 July!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I'm considering coming with my family, but there are issues...
a) It would be our first time
b) We would have a 14month old as well as a 5yo
c) We are all vegan (probably the biggest hurdle - i.e. I imagine there will be all sorts of animal prep going on which I'm not sure my 5yo son is prepared for.)
d) We've outgrown our current tent, but are looking for one at the moment.

Thoughts appreciated.
Cheers
Alex

NW meet doesn't really have any animal prep and everyone is really nice and respectful. I am bringing some dried bunny skins to show outdoorcode and EdS. I am also bring my two kids 9 and 7. It will be nice meeting you. You will be all right in your tent just cuddle-up:D . Me and my nine year old will be sleeping in a £10 lidl tent as she has a broken arm so she can't go in hammock.

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
Thanks Matt - I'll talk to my wife over tea.

LOL, tell her that my missus was a little apprehensive (as was I truth be told) but she ended up having a great time and was off chatting to the other bushcraft widows & Xylaria (not a bushcraft widow but the bushcrafter :)) and everyone else for that matter so your missus won't be alone. My missus ended up asking "when's the next meet then?".

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
LOL, tell her that my missus was a little apprehensive (as was I truth be told) but she ended up having a great time and was off chatting to the other bushcraft widows & Xylaria (not a bushcraft widow but the bushcrafter :)) and everyone else for that matter so your missus won't be alone. My missus ended up asking "when's the next meet then?".

:) We haven't even had tea yet and she's already said yes. I don't really know what I'm letting myself in for, but any excuse to sleep in the woods.
I'm familiar with Delamere from mountain biking but it will be a new experience for me.

Count us in for 2 adults and 2 kids.

Cheers
Alex

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm really looking forward to this now! I am determined to make it, and may well just tell the boss that I won't be available for those days and come along! Also looking forward to trying some more Sheeps breath or whatever it's called!!

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
not going to make this one, i am working that weekend, left it this long to post as i was hoping someone could do me a swap, no such luck :cussing::rant: :rant: have a few cold ones for me :1244: and i'll hopefully see you all on the next one :naughty:

corr

Tenderfoot
Oct 22, 2006
crewe, cheshire
hay, just posting coz i havent for a bit :p still comeing shame that all of you that cant mack it wont be there and look forward to meeting all of you i havent yet (sorry in advnc to all of you i dont remeber i met bad memary with names and faces :D) still dont no if i will be friday to sun or sat to sun but will be there :D have replacet most of my kit now to (wont be macking that mistak agen) will be fun and i think i will stay out of the stags breth it just seems dangerus to me :~?:You_Rock_

S

shaunmcdonald

Ok SWMBO has given a definate yes to the weekend so here is an updated list with my edits on it.

Goose
Spamel + mini Spamel - Determined
Wanderingstar
Fisherben
Wayland + Debbie
Reddave +1½
Mountain Man
Singeblister
Matt Weir + Nat, kids & dog plus 2 friends, kid & dog
Neanderthal
sxmolloy - lift needed from Preston. Please help if you can..
Ratbag - Possible
Outdoorcode - Possible
Lodian - lift needed.
Corr
Soar +1
big_daddy_merc
Xylaria and as much of the family as possible.
Peds8045 - Possible
MikeS - possible
John Dixon + Clan and Dogs.
Mike B + 1
shaunmcdonald + SWMBO + 2 wee McDonalds ( aged 4 and 12 )
Eric_Methven - maybe/likely/wanabe/almost definitely
Bikething - Hopeful
Pippin + Pip
Mr and Mrs thingswelike and the kids.
PJMCBear

Looking forward to this now :)

thingswelike

Forager
Jun 15, 2007
Peak District
Is anyone bringing Lavvu/Tipi/Kata type tents there that I can look at?
I'm planning on travelling a long way to see a Tentipi, but if there's one at the meet it would save me the bother.
Cheers
Alex

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Is anyone bringing Lavvu/Tipi/Kata type tents there that I can look at?
I'm planning on travelling a long way to see a Tentipi, but if there's one at the meet it would save me the bother.
Cheers
Alex

I think there will be at least one tentipi probably more, and if not I should be able to arrange to borrow one for you to look at if you want?

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
Hi all, I'm back online, (I'm in a hotel in santiago, Chile at the moment), But I'll be back in the UK on Monday.
So, Count me in.
Will it be ok for me to arrive on the Thursday again?
Looking forward to it already.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE