Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi all

East anglia Game and country show this April 16/17th anyone else going, well worth it, been going for the past few years. Always a few good bushy stuff for sale.

regards

D

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
You guys are seriously lucky, I've just got back home to Pembrokeshire after spending the w/end in Norwich.
While I was there I spent a few hours wandering around the woods at Horsham. Outstanding is just one word I can think of!
I saw deer, squirrels, a fox and alot of obvious sign of badger! And the wood itself is beautiful. I can put my heart in my hand and say that was the best woodland walk I have ever had!
You Lucky, Lucky Bar Stewards!!!:D

I've got to say a big thanks to Paul Sanderson for the info on the various places to go around Norwich,
Cheers mate it made my w/end...even if the heavens did open on me!

Last edited:

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Hey Geary, how you doing mate, there is tons of clematis growing in my local woods, off with a knee operation just now, but if you dont get any in the next 2 weeks give me a shout and i will post some down to you.

Hows the family doing?

Colin....

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi folks just an advance notice. Please try to keep may 21st free in your diary. A meet possible overnighter will be planned for members. More details soon.

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
East Anglia Game and country this weekend, I will be going Saturday to see what Goodies i thought I might need and never realised, the therapist said it will be good for me, but not to take any cash. Next thing is to smuggle them home without swimbo knowing (Tricky) Metal detector and Xray and full body search!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Hi folks just an advance notice. Please try to keep may 21st free in your diary. A meet possible overnighter will be planned for members. More details soon.

Scrap the above info something else has cropped up. But is anyone free to join junior and me for a day at mousehold Heath instead of watching the royal wedding on the 29th. We will be at zaks at 10.30am and wait for 15mins for anyone to join us. No open fires ok.

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Scrap the above info something else has cropped up. But is anyone free to join junior and me for a day at mousehold Heath instead of watching the royal wedding on the 29th. We will be at zaks at 10.30am and wait for 15mins for anyone to join us. No open fires ok.
Where is Mousehold Heath Dave:confused: :camping:
By the way thanks for the shiny parcel goodjob:You_Rock_. :headbang: Arrived safe and sound today. (I'm all excited now heheheheheheheh) :35:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Mousehold is next to Norwich prison, it once was the training area for the barracks. We can put up tarps and hammocks and I get away using hobo stove. It's just a day meet mind you. Glad the parcel arrived.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
I'd love to go, But I'm being dragged along to a family fancy dress "street party" (kicking and screaming believe me!)
I wanted to go as "Guy Fawkes", or an "anarchist" but they won't let me lol.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
Last call we are about to escape from the tv and head into mousehold Heath, meeting at zaks on mousehold at 10.30. Tarp and hammock setup skills and a bit of whittling.

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
The Great Royal Wedding Escape

Mousehold Health.

Well Junior and I had a great time despite the fact the bikers have moved in where we normally stop. We had to block off their approach and they left us alone.

The day would have been better if I had not hit my finger with the gerber folding saw, the teeth are very sharp. Junior ended up practising First Aid. Hers some pics of the day which ended with a nice ice cream.

Tent peg making

100_2301.jpg

100_2300.jpg

100_2299.jpg

Spot the tarps

100_2294.jpg

100_2293.jpg

100_2302.jpg

100_2291.jpg

100_2290.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE