Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi Guy's not been out much or online for ages!
just gone through a massive house move with associated problems, (I've not moved far)but thankfully it's all back to normal now, and I have a new Kit cupboard!
Sadly I'm going to be having health issues again for the next while, so I won't be around for a bit, but hopefully I can get back to meets ASAP.
Hi L8starter, just jump right in mate!

BTW I thought Crowe had a Army Issue hammock/stretcher?

a few years back Hoopers (a Norwich army surplus shop) had a long roll of DPM Goretex material I was planning to try to do a copy of the mosquito hammock but with a Goretex shell so it could be used as a bivibag, "A" frame bed, hammock, and stretcher.
I reckon it could still work if the stitching/seams were good enough.

a lot of bits to get perfect though...

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Went to the local car boot today. Guess what...right beside it is a brill wood owned by ARC. Maybe a place for overnighters. Anyone know any ARC employees?
Could just wildcamp then go to the carboot on the Sunday...have to see the carboot site owners about parking there

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Been looking in those new woods today. Got a contact number (if it's still valid as the Hanson concrete works has shut down)
Looks to be large. Never did see the other side, very thick old trees and hawthorn (trees as gone well by the bush stage and you can walk easily under them). Loads of extra large rabbits about and, as there are several banks of earth there, a massive Badger set. New diggings by the look of it. No ones been in there for yonks by the look of it as no trails only the normal game trails. Plenty of fallen and rotting trunks well over 2ft across.
Just measured on Where's The Path and the main part has a perimeter (around the outside) of 0.88miles (1.42km) & 500m across the diagonal :yikes: (Just measured the distance from the station Globetrotter.uk- its 6 miles so we would have to get you a lift )
I managed to go through into the set up to my knee and fell a*se over t*t into some 2" high stingers :lmao::lmao::lmao: (laughing now) and fell flat on my mush. Glad I was on my own really.
http://wtp2.appspot.com/wheresthepath.htm Grid reference TL 43845 90927 52.497309,0.117524
5 figure grid reference TL 43585 90930
http://www.freemaptools.com/find-british-national-grid-reference-from-map.htm
has the grid reference as (just for Globetrotter.uk)
Northings : 291213 metres.
Eastings : 544362 metres.
NGR : TL 44362 91213
http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=544362&y=291213&z=0&sv=544362,291213&st=OSGrid&lu=N&tl=~&ar=y&bi=~&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf

Last edited:

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
thanks globetrotter, i got the paracord but no 99p folding trowels left, please keep an eye out for the next batch that come in.

it was good to say hello, thanks for the book loan, i think the ray mears is disappointing. i spent a year in the australian outback including a month sleeping out in the desert with a camel racing team and another 2 months just moving around with my swag, mainly on camp sites and old cattle yards in the areas he writes about, learned a few bits of bush tucker and pandanas weaving from aboriginals, i expected to be awe struck reading it.......... but im not

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE