Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
thanks D, i have a thing about making cordage from nettles at the moment so if i get the ticket for the weekend off, expect me to be practicing this over and over, i want it to be good and strong and to learn how to roll on my legs rather than just my fingers. it'll come. does anyone know if its possible to gather and prepare the stems and then let them dry out and soak them for use later in the year? they are just in such good plentiful supply at the moment

i have to confess im hoping to learn from you guys, wondered maybe if i can learn something from watching kev, globetrotter tells me you just whittle away... just waht i need... i have lads wanting to carve their names in trees and i need more skill than i have at present to stave them off and get them doing something worthwhile instead. scraping cooking sticks, patterning bark and making pegs i can manage but thats about my limit with a knife at the moment

i wondered about the bushcraft course thats coming up next week but its a heck of a long way and im unsure how basic it will be, i learn pretty quick so figure im as well to learn by watching... heres hoping anyway

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi Kev

Looks good Mitch hopes to come work permitting and Ben from work, he was the guy with the dog, last meet.

Communal or self catering for the weekend, don't forget the snorkers n cheese we can't have a weekend without those little babies, got two pans now to cook them in, I will do friday evening and bring some venison fillets for starters.

regards

D

D

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi All

Just over a week to go to the meet, things have been a bit quiet out there are we still all on to go and any one else interested, don't be shy we don't bite but the MOZZIES do!!!!:mosquitos:

D

L8starter

Forager
Mar 6, 2011
norwich, uk
avon 'skin so soft' is the way to go, they sell more as mossie repellant thn body cream i understand!! and its not noxious

im still joining you, still sittiing on the fence as regards when and for how long......

......dont know the ropes, dont have a hammock, do have a tent

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE