Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
i would be interested in going but i dont know where said woods are
Just found this (about post 930 ish)
The more the merrier.
The coordinates are:

52°31'52.16"N
0° 3'43.73"E

Grange Road, March,
PE15 0YH

From Roundabout from Chatteris (South end of March Bypass) go toward Tesco's. On the right hand sweeping corner (look for the deer), at the crossroads turn left, then immediately left. Follow the road until you get to a sharp right hand corner. This is the golf club. The next corner is a sharp left hander. The woods are on the right. You can park on the side of the road. When you go through the second gate, I'll be in the middle of the copse in front of you (on the left)

Just found this (about post 930 ish)
The more the merrier.
The coordinates are:

52°31'52.16"N
0° 3'43.73"E

Grange Road, March,
PE15 0YH

From Roundabout from Chatteris (South end of March Bypass) go toward Tesco's. On the right hand sweeping corner (look for the deer), at the crossroads turn left, then immediately left. Follow the road until you get to a sharp right hand corner. This is the golf club. The next corner is a sharp left hander. The woods are on the right. You can park on the side of the road. When you go through the second gate, I'll be in the middle of the copse in front of you (on the left)

awesome what time should i aim to get there and is there a fee to go in?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
(Edit: I've toned this down a bit...)
Sorry I have to do this guy's! this should be public!

Leigh Robinson...:nono:

Everyone is always invited to the N&N group meets, and we always try to involve everyone, "secret groups" or "Cliques" is not acceptable by many in BCUK.

This was in the 2nd very secretive PM sent to some people in the N&N and Cambs groups (but not everyone) By an unknown person with a that no one has met that but not everyone!
I and some others last time (and this)were concerned about the motives.

If you are interested please let me know and I will add you to a mailing list and we can communicate privately between ourselves.

We had a very similar post on the N&N thread a year or so ago. If you want to learn about Bushcraft, woodlands, survival, Fungi etc. Join us For free!
We have a wealth of knowledge, we don't have to meet in secret!

A copy of the PM is available from me to read if you want to.

If you receive a PM like this be very cautious, remember BCUK is a public site!
please untill you know members well always meet in public places. and you shouldn't have to give your personal e-mail address or other personal details unless you want to)

Sorry again to the regulars!:(

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Don't feel bad mate,
He tried before with secret PM's and failed.

I don't stand for people starting "secret cliques" or "in-crowds" the BCUK Admins and Mods won't either! (see post #1066)

Last edited:

Crowe

Nomad
Jan 18, 2008
Noewich. Now living in Limosin France
Hi All,
26/27 good for me. Looking forward to it. Want to try 'A' frame shelter with the Ash poles on a stretcher canvas/jungle hammock. So Rapp, please bring along that jungle hammock and we can have a go.
Mmmm rabbit, carrots and potatoes.
Dave please post RV and timings.
Regards Geoff. 'Crowe'

Hi All,
26/27 good for me. Looking forward to it. Want to try 'A' frame shelter with the Ash poles on a stretcher canvas/jungle hammock. So Rapp, please bring along that jungle hammock and we can have a go.
Mmmm rabbit, carrots and potatoes.
Dave please post RV and timings.
Regards Geoff. 'Crowe'

no fair man i have to work while you go out not fair at all :( oh well maybe next time

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Crowe, just as before, meet at the Park and ride and drive in together in case anyone who hasn't been before comes.

Timings not sure really about 9 30 is fine by me but if anyone wants later again fine by me.

Again chaps who is going, so far crowe,mitch and myself anybody else????????????????

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
I went to Gault Wood for the day today.
Spotted these strange blooms are they "Ispenttomuchtimewhittling intwood Floraabunda" :confused: :dunno:
Gypsyflowersinthewild2.jpg

I brought a few heads home to see if they will germinate in one of our pots
Gypsyflowers.jpg

:rofl:

Keep us posted on the meet at the end of the month if I'm welcome. Is it the same place as you went a couple of weeks ago?

Last edited:

Globetrotter.uk

Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
All being well I should be available for the next meet, will bring yoyo reals for those who ordered some please remember your cash.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE