Norfolk and Norwich Group

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
wow I'd love the backpack mate!:cool: do you want a swap? I might be able to find something suitable...what you after?
Don't know but someone else might what the fly rod (I'm not a fisherman:eek:)

hey Rich got the tarp dvd from backpackinglight.co.uk
:confused: don't know what this is, is it worth as a "pass around with in the group?

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Hi at the meet a few months back we met , someone gave me some "old man's beard" tinder lichen, does anyone know the actual name of that sort? and does anyone know the Latin name if poss, cheers

wow I'd love the backpack mate!:cool: do you want a swap? I might be able to find something suitable...what you after?
Don't know but someone else might what the fly rod (I'm not a fisherman:eek:)

Kai Leingod said:
hey Rich got the tarp dvd from backpackinglight.co.uk

:confused: don't know what this is, is it worth as a "pass around with in the group?

Yeah it has knots for tarps and tents + configurations for tarps its actually rather good and comprehensive

Hi at the meet a few months back we met , someone gave me some "old man's beard" tinder lichen, does anyone know the actual name of that sort? and does anyone know the Latin name if poss, cheers

try looking on Wikipedia or google usually doesnt fail

yeah looked up the yoyo reel on eBay interesting but i prefer to carry a travel rod.

Last edited:
here is the lean-to configuration for tarps from the Tarp DVD from http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/

DSCF0576.jpg

DSCF0577.jpg

DSCF0578.jpg

DSCF0580.jpg

hi Rap, just Reading through and saw this.. Think it might of been WhittlerKev who give you it, he had a huge bag of it at cambs and gave me some, don't know the name but give kev a PM.. He might notice that rather than this.. As his too busy making chair legs now!! :)

Damascus

Native
Dec 3, 2005
Norwich
Hi All

I have asked and no reply I take it there is no restrictions to what weekend, so I am available for the last two weekend in June.

Who is interested, answers on a post card!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

launditch1

Maker Plus and Trader
Nov 17, 2008
Eceni county.

Its also known as 'Travler's joy', latin name is clematis vitalba.:22:

The stuff Kev gave us at Bawdeswell was Usnea

Last edited:

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
it ain't Clematis mate ;) ,(though i guess it looks quite similar)
"Usnea" is part of the latin name i need.

BTW I know where there's a lot of wild clematis 2" + thick if anyone wants some.

been sorting out some of my display stuff for my demos, some blummen insect has eaten some of the tinder fungi! :yikes:
it's now in my freezer (apparently it kills them).

had a shock today, our neighbour died, my wife and I helped as much as we could with CPR holding bits of kit for the paramedics etc but he was too far gone. :(

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
Btw while i was in city today i asked around about those tarps you where talking about on another thread not a trace in city but sourced it to its origins http://www.tacgear.de/endex.php

Yeah, it's properly "new" kit even for the US!
I've spoken to US guy's living in similar temperate areas and they say Multi-cam won't work so well in the UK as it's very light, but the new British army camo looks very similar.
it's all to do with reflecting the surrounding colours? I've seen some really poor examples of it though.

RAPPLEBY2000

Dec 2, 2003
England
the new British army camo looks very similar.

Yeah it looks almost identical to Multicam, which is starting to be issued to US troops.
the US multicam (left) and the British (Right)
multiversions-copy.jpg

they were doing trials with this known as PECOC
hybrid_cam.jpg

but it seems they're going with this instead:
mtp.jpg

but to be fare the advertising hype is quite convincing! check out the photos!
http://www.multicampattern.com/

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
:lmao::lmao::lmao:
hi Rap, just Reading through and saw this.. Think it might of been WhittlerKev who give you it, he had a huge bag of it at cambs and gave me some, don't know the name but give kev a PM.. He might notice that rather than this.. As his too busy making chair legs now!! :)

Hardy ha ha.:35:Yep it was me. I got it from someone in Scotland (darned if I've not forgot his name). Chair legs. Maybe it should be preists and baseball bats to keep "my turn next" 's away
got to go, my foots got a twi.........

mitch66

Nomad
Mar 8, 2010
king's lynn norfolk
hi,Dave sounds good to me, put my name down please. Thanks mate. Whittler kev hope you had a nice time at the bmf, nice new toy you have there, im welding the vw camper up so not much time but you will have to let me know when your going to your wood's again. later mate

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE