newbie wanting to make himself a knife

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
well ive bit the bullet and ordered a Enzo Trapper 95/D2/Scz ...

I'm sure you'll get on just fine. One thing you might want to think about is sharpening D2. It's an excellent steel, holds an edge very well but it can be a bit of a challenge to sharpen. So if and when you feel the need to sharpen it, don't be discouraged and think it's your fault that it's hard work. If all else fails there are people here who offer a sharpening service. There's plenty of meat on the blade so you'll be hard pressed to do enough damage to destroy it through experimenting with different sharpening techniques. :)

PaulSanderson

Settler
May 9, 2010
North Norfolk, GB
hi mate...i have just finished 2 blades using nothing more than a hacksaw, 2nd cut file and a leckie drill. i simply got some o1 flat stock or about a tenner, and a brass door hinge for the pins. the oak i cut from dead wood in the woods here on the farm and it was all sanded down with various grades of sandpaper. cost me next to nothing, a damn site less than 30 for both blades together.

check them out here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74118

bit rough and ready but as i made them im really chuffed...and theyre razor sharp too.

i'll be keeping an eye on this thread, let us know how you get on...

cheers.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE