New Year Weight Loss motivation thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Well that's almost week one over, lots of fruit and veg and no sugar or sweets. Weighing tomorrow so see how i am getting on.

As I said in my earlier post I am going to attempt to raise some money for charity. So over the next 6 month I am aiming to lose 5 stone and raise over £500 for Adoption UK. If you feel like sponsoring me please visit http://www.justgiving.com/aslimmertimforauk

Or via your phone by texting one of the below

donateall.jpg

Last edited:

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I'm currently losing about a pound an hour, in mucus. Trouble is my body keeps replacing it.

Going through tissues at an unbelievable rate.

Worst cold I've ever had.

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
Look in a mirror and jiggle :D Any movement? (above the waist!) Maybe you're expending as many calories as you're taking on. How often are you swimming? Either up the exercise or have a dietary shift towards less carbs/more protein & veg.

I record my cals in a counter( not exact but close enough) I'm swimming about a mile (60) lengths 3/4times a week. I've since upped it to 66 (aiming for 70 by Easter)

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using Tapatalk

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
76.0 kg today.

So lost 7.9kg - nearly 17.5 lb - since Hogmanay.

That's like taking off a rucksack loaded for an overnight bivvy!

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
Just went for my first run since june (arch fell in my right foot while training for the marathon) no reactions from my foot and hopefully will add running to my swimming.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Bit of an update.

Week 1 loss - 8lbs
Week 2 loss - 4.5lbs
Week 3 loss - 5lbs

Total Loss - 17.5lbs =1 Stone 3.5lbs (7.93kg)

First stone lost and never to be seen again.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Not much change for me in 2 weeks - now 75.9.

BMI is about 24 so I'm not too bothered. At least I'm not gaining anything.

Well done guys, keep it up!

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Not much change for me over the last 3 weeks, in fact I have probably put 1.5kilos back on but ......

Spurred on by comments here I went back to the doc and the upshot was something else as they found testicular cancer. Having had surgery and been home a fortnight I am happy with a little weight gain as I have not exactly had a lot of exercise lately and never drunk so much tea!

2+ weeks out got good news today; although it was cancer the rest looks as good as it gets (or for those "in the club", and I found there are several on BCUK, Stage1 Seminoma with no invasion, no mets and all other tests clear/normal).

So looking forward to getting out walking everyday next week, going back on the 2012 diet and aiming to get to Rough Close meet for the day next weekend and a full weekend next month :)

Last edited:

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Not much change for me over the last 3 weeks, in fact I have probably put 1.5kilos back on but ......

Spurred on by comments here I went back to the doc and the upshot was something else as they found testicular cancer. Having had surgery and been home a fortnight I am happy with a little weight gain as I have not exactly had a lot of exercise lately and never drunk so much tea!

2+ weeks out got good news today; although it was cancer the rest looks as good as it gets (or for those "in the club", and I found there are several on BCUK, Stage1 Seminoma with no invasion, no mets and all other tests clear/normal).

So looking forward to getting out walking everyday next week, going back on the 2012 diet and aiming to get to Rough Close meet for the day next weekend and a full weekend next month :)

Wow.! Thats great news , glad it turned out as it did.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Originally was meant to start this some week's back,but could'nt get my head into it, but for the last two week's ive been real strict and had the will power to stick to it,and dont really miss all the inbetween snacks so far, Breakfast, is nearly all carb's Porridge,granary bread toasted,and de-caff tea,Lunch is mainly protien usually half a chicken, or turkey breast grilled,de caff tea and a apple, dinner is a mix of carb's and protien, plus some fruit and veg,decaff coffee,that's all i eat throughout the day,though i do drink alot of water,i do weight's Mon-wed-fri,and skip for 30 mins tues,thur's Sunday(not done it since my boxing days 20+ yrs ago, i was 16st 2lbs when i started,aint weighed myself since as scales are bust but ive had to tighten my belt,and i can see a differance,target figure is about 14st-4lbs.

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
A wee update. Have introduced a couple of short runs into my weekly exercise schedule (as well as the swim). Hopefully my arch holds up. Bought new kicks and have managed over 3k on a couple of occasions. Planning to do a 10k race at end of April.

Weight update: I am now tipping the scales at 13 1/2 stone which Own well pleased at. 1 more stone before the summer.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
21/12/11 - 15st 4lb / 97.0kg
23/01/12 - 15st 3lb / 96.8kg
20/02/12 - 14st 13lb / 94.8kg
28/03/12 - 14st 12lb/ 94.3kg

Still coming off, slowly. I wouldn't expect much more to come to be honest - 6'1.5", moderate frame and I guess muscle mass has started to build. Belly still needs some refinement :D

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Still have'nt got round to weighing myself(not got scales) but ive just been snorkelling, have'nt done so since last summer, put my weight belt on, it used to be tight,and ive got about 4 inches of slack in it, your last statement Calibanzwei, is the place i find myself eg ''Belly still need's some refinement'' id like to get to 14st -5lb's eventually im 6'3'' again of moderate frame but quite broad shoulders.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
A few years ago I rose a rotund size at one point where i had stopped training yet kept on eating the calories, now all the clothes I have that i wore then have a residual belly shape in the material! hahaha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE