I owe the forum an explanation.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Sounds like life did a real number on you! I've seen the toll severe bouts of illness take on people both mentally and physically and I'm glad that you are coming good. I have to say many don't and ill health commands their life. Best of luck catching up on your back orders.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Well done for coming on and explaining things, and its nice to know that your health is getting more manageable, its a pity it took you so long to explain to your many customers the reasons for the delays, because if they looked at your facebook page or seen you on EM, they would never have known, you seem to have had quite a few knives up for sale since Jan 17, so why dont you give Ken his money back , and at least make one of your customers happy.

Thanks for the kind words guys. Means a lot and gives me a boost. :)

Fadcode, Everyone I'm making knives for, and theres not many left on my books, has been kept informed. Ive not been ignoring everyone. This thread was more for everyone else, just to explain things. I've had any knives up for sale in the last 18 months. Not a single one. If you mean the pics on my FB page then I ask you to check the dates. I put put a few pics up in June 2016. Another couple on Jan 17, and some more on Oct 17. But they were all on the same day (the October ones) and were previous commissions from before I went into hospital, I just didn't put the pics up until much later. All those knives were ordered before any I still owe. I just work through my book in order as the commissions come in. I stopped taking commissions for a few months so I could get my books cleared. I have a total of 6 orders to complete before my back log is finished. Those will all be out of the way in the next month at most. Ive already spoken to Gordon and are coming to an arrangement regarding a refund.

Last edited:

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
Well its nice to know that you are going to settle with Ken, and I hope you get sorted with your backlog etc, the link to your website no longer works,so you may have to address that out, Its a shame a simple note earlier regarding your health problems wasn't made, as we are an understanding lot, and the problems would not have existed.
Good luck in the future, and I hope your health continues to improve .

Reactions: WealdenWoodsman

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Well its nice to know that you are going to settle with Ken, and I hope you get sorted with your backlog etc, the link to your website no longer works,so you may have to address that out, Its a shame a simple note earlier regarding your health problems wasn't made, as we are an understanding lot, and the problems would not have existed.
Good luck in the future, and I hope your health continues to improve .
Cheers.

My website has been down since July. I couldn't afford to renew it. It will be back up soon enough with a bit of luck.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I'd just like to say, that Gordon and myself have come to an arrangement of giving him full refund within the next 8 weeks, as and when I have the spare cash to give him.

Reactions: KenThis

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I'd just like to say, that Gordon and myself have come to an arrangement of giving him full refund within the next 8 weeks, as and when I have the spare cash to give him.

I would just like to confirm that Mark and I have come to an agreement that I will receive a full refund over the next 8 weeks.

I would like to apologise to Mark for any potential embarrassment.
I would also like to say that Mark has been very understanding with me. I suffer with mental health issues, which can cause me a lot of anxiety. This can lead to anger issues, trust issues and panic.
I could and perhaps should have handled things better.
It's a vicious circle really. If I didn't have my own demons I don't think I would have been so patient over the last year. However if I didn't have my issues I also wouldn't have panicked so much this last weekend bringing things to a head.

The hypothetical thread I made was intended just to know my rights, it was not intended to name and shame. However it was pointed out to me that this could adversely affect Marks reputation. For this I am sorry.

As I understand it a knife maker lives and dies by his reputation so I appreciate Mark allowing this to be made public. I hope it goes a long way to prove to any doubters that Mark is principled and always puts his customers first.

I think that for completeness once Mark has repaid me I should and will post. By doing that I hope this will not leave anyone possibly questioning Mark's reputation.

Finally I hope Mark's other customers can have a bit more patience than I've shown, and that Mark's health finally allows him to get back round to doing what he does best.
Gordon (aka Ken)

Reactions: HillBill and Paulm

WealdenWoodsman

Forager
Oct 10, 2017
place
I would just like to confirm that Mark and I have come to an agreement that I will receive a full refund over the next 8 weeks.

I would like to apologise to Mark for any potential embarrassment.
I would also like to say that Mark has been very understanding with me. I suffer with mental health issues, which can cause me a lot of anxiety. This can lead to anger issues, trust issues and panic.
I could and perhaps should have handled things better.
It's a vicious circle really. If I didn't have my own demons I don't think I would have been so patient over the last year. However if I didn't have my issues I also wouldn't have panicked so much this last weekend bringing things to a head.

The hypothetical thread I made was intended just to know my rights, it was not intended to name and shame. However it was pointed out to me that this could adversely affect Marks reputation. For this I am sorry.

As I understand it a knife maker lives and dies by his reputation so I appreciate Mark allowing this to be made public. I hope it goes a long way to prove to any doubters that Mark is principled and always puts his customers first.

I think that for completeness once Mark has repaid me I should and will post. By doing that I hope this will not leave anyone possibly questioning Mark's reputation.

Finally I hope Mark's other customers can have a bit more patience than I've shown, and that Mark's health finally allows him to get back round to doing what he does best.
Gordon (aka Ken)

I don't believe you have anything to be sorry for, in fact I thought you managed the whole situation very well. :)

If you hadn't raised the topic I am sure we would still be none-the-wiser as to the situation with Mark and his knives. Very pleased to see he is doing the right thing by you.

Reactions: KenThis

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE