New Year Weight Loss motivation thread

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Go for it Tank! I find the first week is hardest, but after that I get in the groove and it's much easier.

Well done all - 7 weeks in and it's all looking good.

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, thought I'd better start posting as well...

Been well over 17 stone for many years and now my wife is going back to work on Monday after Maternity Leave, we are making a determined effort to shed the pounds and get fit.

My Loss So Far:

27/07/11- 17.13 1/2
11/01/12- 17.11 1/4
22/02/12- 17.2 3/4

It helps my wife previously lost about 5 stone before we met and was a Weight Watcher Leader so I know we eat healthy meals- its the in-between snacks and evening nibbles and alcohol that is our downfall.

Really inspiring seeing everyone's progress... Keep up the good work folks.

ATB,

KP

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Lost another 3lbs over the last 8 days down from 13 stone 11lbs to 13 8(88 kg). Starts to get tough from past experience to shed weight from this point so will have to up the cardio and really watch my diet as I'm weight lifting as well and want to clean gain muscle while dropping body fat. It is quite hard getting a balance of getting enough nutrients to make small muscle mass gains while also loosing fat.

Not drinking any booze since December has really helped the weight loss as booze inevitably leads to many kebabs and chips!!

Steve.

Update: Only lost 1 KG during the last two weeks. Did not get to the gym very much and also had a bit of a food pig-out last weekend:eek:, still sometimes a rest and extra grub really recharges the old body and have just come back from a great session in the gym and boy is my back gonna be sore tomorrow!

Steve.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Well a quick update from me, still losing weight; but in small amounts and talking of which I eat a loss less now.

In a way this thread has probably done me a big favour as it was partly responsible for getting me to go and see my GP again. So now I am attempting to use up the NHS budget and proving that whatever anyone says the NHS can work at incredible speed. I will be watching your progress and hope to be back with you before too long contributing to the mutual support vibe as I still have my goals to make :cool:

AndyJDickson

Sep 29, 2011
Northern Ireland
I seem to have plateaued at just under 14. Any advice on how to get back on the losing train? I'm still swimming and watchig what I'm eating ( off choc for lent) butbseem to be stuck

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using Tapatalk

Jaan

Forager
Apr 22, 2011
Tallinn, Estonia
Weight gain update: 77,9 to 79,1kg in exactly two weeks. (Original weight 74,3 in December.)

Weighed in at 81,7kg yesterday. A gain of 2,6kg in 20 days! Now I'm just curious to see how far I can keep this up. :)

As soon as I don't gain any more strength I'll stop on the massive food intake and maybe try to lose a few kilograms of fat that may have developed.

Even though I've gained a total of 7,4kg over about two and a half months it's not really showing anywhere obvious which is good news to me. That means that my muscles have gotten slightly bigger, but in a subtle way and there is no excessive fat buildup.

Strength numbers are:
Bench press from 65kg to 75kg 5x5
Squats from 25kg to 65kg 5x5
Deadlift from 40kg to 90kg 1x5
Overhead press from 30kg to 40kg 5x5
Barbell row from 35kg to 50kg 5x5

I suggest everyone with a similar thing in mind to try either Stronglifts or Starting Strength.

Stay healthy! :)

Last edited:

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
Been bad this weekend - two portions of salt'n'pepper chips (they are LUSH from the local chippy) and no gym session on Monday.
On the flip side I'm allowed to lapse every now and then :p I've been helping with the re-design (painting, sawing and heavy lifting) of my girlfriends daughters bedroom for her 12th and I've got the gym tonight. Back on track :D

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I seem to have plateaued at just under 14. Any advice on how to get back on the losing train? I'm still swimming and watchig what I'm eating ( off choc for lent) butbseem to be stuck

Sent from my HTC Salsa C510e using Tapatalk

Look in a mirror and jiggle :D Any movement? (above the waist!) Maybe you're expending as many calories as you're taking on. How often are you swimming? Either up the exercise or have a dietary shift towards less carbs/more protein & veg.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Well ive just come across a fantastic way to lose my extra weight, my kids brought home some kind of stomach bug from school last week, Saturday night me and the misses came down with it,as of today (wed) ive eaten nothing for four day's i have to force myself to drink and am still having constant/frequent loo trip's, i dont know how much weight ive lost but i look terrible and my jeans are hanging off me, not pleasant but damn effective.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Been bad this weekend - two portions of salt'n'pepper chips (they are LUSH from the local chippy) and no gym session on Monday.
On the flip side I'm allowed to lapse every now and then :p I've been helping with the re-design (painting, sawing and heavy lifting) of my girlfriends daughters bedroom for her 12th and I've got the gym tonight. Back on track :D

I have no scientific proof but I'm sure one day a week of a little excess does you good and re-fuels you body for another week of training? I believe the body gets used to a routine and when dieting weight loss can plateau and altering things and stuffing your face once in a while can reset things and kick start loosing weight again?

A week on from my last weigh in I'm still at 87 kg. Just started taking Creatine again this week so I think I'm retaining a bit more water which has offset fat loss so in theory I should have lost up to a kilo of flab? BTW the Creatine is great and has dramatically helped my workouts! Took it years ago but since then have not really been into supplements except protein shakes. Felt like I needed a boost as I'm 10 years older now and have read that it helps with recovery somewhat.

Steve.

calibanzwei

Settler
Jan 7, 2009
Warrington, UK
I have no scientific proof but I'm sure one day a week of a little excess does you good and re-fuels you body for another week of training? I believe the body gets used to a routine and when dieting weight loss can plateau and altering things and stuffing your face once in a while can reset things and kick start loosing weight again?

A week on from my last weigh in I'm still at 87 kg. Just started taking Creatine again this week so I think I'm retaining a bit more water which has offset fat loss so in theory I should have lost up to a kilo of flab? BTW the Creatine is great and has dramatically helped my workouts! Took it years ago but since then have not really been into supplements except protein shakes. Felt like I needed a boost as I'm 10 years older now and have read that it helps with recovery somewhat.

Steve.

I think you're right Steve - I've also read somewhere that the repetition puts you into a metabolic rut; the same with doing the same exercises week in - keep the body second guessing :D

EDIT: Creatine... gah... BSc Sports Science flashbacks... Krebs cycle, adenosine triphosphate, glycolysis.... AIIIIIIiiiiii, THE HORROR lol

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE